Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Customer Service Remove Social Media
article thumbnail

15 Up-and-Coming PR and Social Media Marketers to Watch

Communications Conversations

Last week, I shared my news that I’ll be teaching social media at the University of St. Now, she’s crushing it at Best Buy in social media marketing. So, I asked a few key local leaders for up-and-coming social media or communications superstars they admire. They had to be younger than 30.

article thumbnail

How Socially Responsible Communications Maintain Your Community Cool

Waxing UnLyrical

Another great resource or ally can come from working with a trusted research firm that can help you “uncover the hidden patterns of understanding that undermine citizen action,” as the Topos Partnership has done for a variety of communities in at least seven different sectors. How do you qualify your audience for each campaign?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Extra Mile PR Strategy: Wow Your Customers

Doctor Spin

A family staying at the Ritz-Carlton on Amelia Island, Florida, experienced the hotel’s customer service when their son’s beloved stuffed giraffe, Joshie, was accidentally left behind. Stuffed giraffe shows what customer service is all about. 2011, August 19). Ritz-Carlton. 2012, May 17).

article thumbnail

Want Social Media Evangelizers? Be Social

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Want Social Media Evangelizers? Be Social September 7th, 2010 Tweet Today BNET published my second post, focusing on how companies can use social media to turn customers into evangelizers.

article thumbnail

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. But I was curious to see how Maddie and Lindy perceived not just Open Community , but its juxtaposition with public relations.

article thumbnail

The “social CEO”: How AmFam’s Jack Salzwedel manages his social media profiles

Communications Conversations

So, I got to thinking–I’d like to know more about Jack (I can call him Jack–we tweeted once and his strategy behind using social media. Coincidentally, over the years, I’d met Tom Buchheim , executive social media advisor at AmFam. Every tweet sent from @AmFamJack comes from Jack personally.

article thumbnail

MeasurePR: The Community Edition

Waxing UnLyrical

On May 24, the #MeasurePR chat was a community chat, discussing the reporting side of measurement—how PRs plan for a tool throwing bad numbers, reporting numbers that contradict, and whether Share of Voice (SOV) is a useful or useless PR metric. Chapman to blog about the Great Klout Plunge of 2011.