Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Customer Service Remove Measurement
article thumbnail

The Extra Mile PR Strategy: Wow Your Customers

Doctor Spin

He argues that founders should not underestimate the power of compound growth and should measure their startup’s progress through weekly growth rates. Stuffed giraffe shows what customer service is all about. In 1975, a customer returned a set of tires to Nordstrom, even though the store had never sold tires before.

article thumbnail

MeasurePR: The Community Edition

Waxing UnLyrical

On May 24, the #MeasurePR chat was a community chat, discussing the reporting side of measurement—how PRs plan for a tool throwing bad numbers, reporting numbers that contradict, and whether Share of Voice (SOV) is a useful or useless PR metric. Chapman to blog about the Great Klout Plunge of 2011.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. But I was curious to see how Maddie and Lindy perceived not just Open Community , but its juxtaposition with public relations.

article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

He published a paper called PR 2020 on behalf of the CIPR in 2011 that examined the future of PR. There are long standing issues such as alignment with management, measurement, talent and diversity where incremental progress is made each year. The #FuturePRoof community goes from strength-to-strength. It’s a work in progress.

article thumbnail

Want Social Media Evangelizers? Be Social

Waxing UnLyrical

Be Social September 7th, 2010 Tweet Today BNET published my second post, focusing on how companies can use social media to turn customers into evangelizers. Who’s in customer service? I’m not a customer service “professional.&# Regardless, thanks for visiting! pts Settings.

article thumbnail

The “social CEO”: How AmFam’s Jack Salzwedel manages his social media profiles

Communications Conversations

I also serve as a liaison between his accounts and our Customer Service teams, should a customer or claimant reach out to Jack through social media. That includes recognizing the good things our employees, agents and affiliate companies are doing every day in our communities.

article thumbnail

Powwowing With Pepco on Social Media

Waxing UnLyrical

Because other than my limited (primarily to Twitter and the company’s customer service hot line) communications with Pepco, I really had no idea what their efforts entailed. To pick up where I left off I was all set to do a humdinger of a post about how terrible Pepco was, particularly in its use of social media.