Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Local Remove Measurement
article thumbnail

Reflexivity Memo on PR practice from craft skills to education. A case of ‘plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose’.

PR Conversations

Although the accelerating decline in the influence of national and local media signalled an end to the dominance of a journalist-to-PR career pathway, it also weakened the established case for the importance of PR in the C-suite (boardroom). I’m not convinced this has happened.

article thumbnail

COVID-19 Brought a Temporary Flight to Quality in the Public’s Attention Allocation

NewsWhip

Measuring the flight to quality. There was a somewhat steady rise of the Iffy Quotient on Facebook starting in mid-January 2020 until it hit a local maximum of 9.8% The GroupLens system he helped develop was awarded the 2010 ACM Software Systems Award. on February 18.

System 78
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Google Instant Might Impact Your Small Non-Profit

Waxing UnLyrical

With Google Instant turned off, you come up with results for small local organizations including Washington Adventist Hospital Volunteer Services and Silver Spring Volunteers. While I have great respect for these two organizations, they are not local to my search. Of course, I am making some assumptions here. received 13 percent.

Google 101
article thumbnail

The Extra Mile PR Strategy: Wow Your Customers

Doctor Spin

He argues that founders should not underestimate the power of compound growth and should measure their startup’s progress through weekly growth rates. Offer pro bono services to a non-profit organisation in your community. Partner with a local influencer to promote your business on social media. Kaplan Publishing.

article thumbnail

Powwowing With Pepco on Social Media

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Powwowing With Pepco on Social Media September 28th, 2010 Tweet I haven’t been the biggest fan of my local energy company, Pepco, recently. These fine folk did: Jan.

article thumbnail

When The Media Plays Scrooge

Waxing UnLyrical

It seems some of our local media can’t even do that. removeClass(livefyre-hidden)" class="livefyre-show-comment livefyre-button"> View comment Show More Trackbacks Tweets that mention New post: When The Media Plays Scrooge (re: todays #metrocarols flash mob h/t #socialmedia -- Topsy.com) says: December 13, 2010 at 10:32 am [.]

Media 89
article thumbnail

Talking The Social Media Walk

Waxing UnLyrical

… “… That’s why most of my business comes through face-to-face networking either through business groups, chambers of commerce, or volunteering my services at local non profit organizations. “ ‘Engagement’ is overrated. To explore a different communication channel? Start measuring. Set benchmarks.