Remove Books Remove Community Remove Storytelling Remove Writing
article thumbnail

Storytelling, Community and Purpose: Finding Balance Within the Tech Industry

The Hoffman Agency

From songwriting on my back porch as a kid to telling my little sister improvised tales of castles and princesses before bed, I have always been a storyteller. I would spend hours writing fictional narratives in my room, transporting to the imaginary worlds I was creating. The Beginning. I’m challenging myself and my perspectives.

article thumbnail

Life Rewritten: Composing Your Legacy with Carrie KC West

PR for Anyone

Carrie KC West is an author, transformational story coach, and Founder of the Storytellers Academy – an organization dedicated to empowering individuals to review their life story, and assisting them to change and rewrite the parts that they wish to edit.

Film 130
article thumbnail

Here’s What You’ll Find Inside the Updated AP Stylebook

PRSay

Migration, Deaf and inclusive storytelling are among terms and concepts covered in the 56th edition of “The Associated Press Stylebook and Briefing on Media Law.”. The 600-page book — in a spiral-bound format — also aggregates usage additions and changes made earlier in 2022 and posted on the AP website.

article thumbnail

5 Solos Share Their No. 1 Business Goal for 2022

Solo PR Pro

There’s a whole community of like minded people you can lean on. Melissa Vela-Williamson, MVW Communications. 1 business goal for 2022 is to publish my public relations book! This public relations book will focus on helping students and journalists of color enter the field successfully. 5 solo PR pros share their No.

Writing 98
article thumbnail

ICON Recap: Alice Randall on Storytelling and the Influence of African-Americans in Country Music

PRSay

She also gave a presentation on storytelling at Tuesday morning’s General Session, with a peek behind the scenes of the country songwriting business in Nashville and an introduction to an a cappella performance by Nashville-based recording artist Alison Russell. I write about what matters to me — that I also think matters to other people.

article thumbnail

How to Use eBooks to Grow Your Authority

ReimaginePR

If you’re looking for an easy, but sure way, to define yourself as an expert in your field, here’s my advice: write an ebook. Reason #2: You can finally say you wrote the book on the subject. Aside from bragging rights, writing an ebook can help increase your authority because people will begin to see you as an expert on the topic.

eBook 219
article thumbnail

The Purposeful Inclusion Principles Every Leader Needs to Put into Practice

Stern + Associates

As she writes in the bestselling “ Inclusion on Purpose: An Intersectional Approach to Creating a Culture of Belonging at Work ” (MIT Press, March 2022), a culture of belonging doesn’t just happen; we have to work at it. Inclusion on Purpose’ shows how to build an inclusive workplace and culture through storytelling and practical frameworks.