Remove Blogging Remove Community Remove Interviews Remove System
article thumbnail

The top 10 most-read blog posts on Sword and the Script in 2023

Sword and the Script

Blogs were raging. That next spring I started this blog, largely as a means of professional development. I could read about what was happening, test it out on my blog, and apply what I had learned to my daily job. In 2023, the 14 th year of publishing, I published 50 blog posts. Social media was blossoming.

Blogging 115
article thumbnail

Blogging Tips for PR Pros

Deirdre Breakenridge

Fast forward almost ten years and blogging is so ubiquitous that not only are blogs supplanting traditional media channels as sources for breaking news, practically every single company I can think of has one. So don’t do that for your blog, either! If you have the ability to commit to daily blogging, that is amazing.

Blogging 282
article thumbnail

Join #PRStudChat on February 22nd for a Career Day Twitter Chat

Deirdre Breakenridge

ET, the #PRStudChat community will gather to discuss the different opportunities in PR from owning your own business to agency PR and in-house communications for an organization. 4. What characteristics do professionals look for in an interview candidate? Joe Colon, Social Media Strategy, Atlantic Health System.

Twitter 281
article thumbnail

Find Media Opportunities Beyond Black History Month or Other Observances

PRSay

We reinforce to stakeholders that our organizations believe Black Lives Matter and they should be represented and included in our workplaces and communities. PRSA member Crystal Borde is vice president and diversity + inclusion practice lead at Vanguard Communications in Washington, D.C. Then, March 1 arrives.

Media 157
article thumbnail

An Interview with Richard Bistrong, CEO, Front-Line Anti-Bribery LLC

Critical Mention

My goal was to simply share my story and experience on-line through a blog, and to then re-share on social media. While I started engaging on social media channels, I realized that blogging and writing about my experiences would be central to sharing my story. The other unexpected surprise along the way was being asked to guest blog.

article thumbnail

World Economic Forum Recap: 7 Experts Showcase a Brighter Future

Stern + Associates

When we think about robotics, how do we give people in their own communities the choice to figure out what the values are of their robotic systems, what it should do, what it should not do? What decisions should we be making for the betterment of our local communities, but globally overall? We can give people agency.

article thumbnail

#PR Expanded Guest Post: 3 Lessons I’ve Learned from Reinventing Myself as a College Professor

Deirdre Breakenridge

My blog posts focus on the intersection of social media and education. Community Building. The number one lesson I learned from my journey of self-reinvention is community building. Because of the community that I have developed prior to this point from various social media channels, I gained 25 beta testers easily.

Education 224