Remove Advertising Remove Community Remove Policies Remove Storytelling
article thumbnail

Trends That Will Shape PR in 2018

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Anheuser Busch seemed to take on immigration policy, however indirectly, in another Super Bowl spot. Visual storytelling will be better and easier. If you’ve any doubt about the power of visual storytelling, check out these superb examples by brands large and small. Nearly a year later, those moves seem almost like baby steps.

Trends 185
article thumbnail

Build Brands with STOP Marketing Customer Experience Design not Storytelling

wiredPRworks

Marketers love storytelling. I’ve presented all kinds of storytelling programs, including digital marketing and storytelling. Yet, is storytelling the right way to build brands – and even tell stories? What happens when we build brands with STOP marketing as a customer design experience, not storytelling?

article thumbnail

Fish Out of Water: Shark Week, Science and Storytelling

Sword and the Script

There’s a certain danger, or responsibility perhaps, that goes along with storytelling. The Discovery Channel kicked off its Shark Week amid criticism from the scientific community. For example in the 1980s Walter Mondale launched an attack advertisement on Ronald Reagan critical of his policies toward the elderly.

article thumbnail

White House Cracks Techmeme Leaderboard

Ishmael's Corner

Drilling down to the White House-created content, the press backgrounder reads like journalism starting with the absence of superlatives in the headline, “Strengthening Community Policy.”. They’re probably right, although I don’t think owned media has reduced the White House’s advertising budget.

article thumbnail

What is PR? 141 PR and Comms Pros Explain What They Do for a Living

Sword and the Script

14) “I help communicate, promote, and sell new products or services to potential customers and other stakeholders.”. 22) “I am a storyteller and I look out for people.”. 26) “I help my boss communicate his goals and priorities to the entire workforce.”. 29) “I help communicate to different audiences what our company does.”.

Employee 150
article thumbnail

Earned Media Rising Podcast With Cision CMO, Chris Lynch

Cision

Chris Lynch: So, one of the pieces of value that I think communicators can bring to the rest of marketing is more insights around the market message. So, as an example, it used to be that, for instance, going into the journalism community and finding someone who wanted to jump that proverbial fence into PR and comms made a lot of sense.

Media 202
article thumbnail

STOP Marketing Customer Experience Design

wiredPRworks

Marketers love storytelling. I’ve presented all kinds of storytelling programs, including digital marketing and storytelling. Yet, is storytelling the right way to build brands – and even tell stories? What happens when we build brands with STOP marketing as a customer design experience, not storytelling?