Remove 2018 Remove Community Remove Interviews Remove Print
article thumbnail

Career Development Tips for the 2018 Professional

Waxing UnLyrical

As you review your career options in 2018 to apply for a new job, here are a few helpful tips to help you get started. It can be time consuming making updates to a resume, but human resources recruiters will be receptive to contacting you for a telephone screening or interview invitation. Work Smarter, Not Harder.

Print 71
article thumbnail

Future of local news report is a grim read

Stephen Waddington

Social media has replaced local news in communities across the UK. It is weakening community engagement and participation in local democracy. Local News Deserts in the UK (opens as a PDF) finds that it is contributing to weakening community engagement and participation in local democracy.

Local 112
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

PR Advantages of Pitching Trade Press

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

While a feature in The Verge reaches a broad demographic of tech enthusiasts, a similar story in AI Magazine (published by the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence) will target the AI community: engineers, entrepreneurs, experts, and fans of artificial intelligence. Trade pubs are a community network.

Pitching 168
article thumbnail

Future of local news report is a grim read

Wadds Inc.

Social media has replaced local news in communities across the UK. It is weakening community engagement and participation in local democracy. Local News Deserts in the UK (opens as a PDF) finds that it is contributing to weakening community engagement and participation in local democracy.

Local 59
article thumbnail

Another PR Tech Startup Gets Venture Funding [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

The PR community needs the competition. In an interview on this blog in 2021 , Propel Co-Founder and CEO Zach Cutler said as a former PR agency owner, he couldn’t find software that met his agency’s growth needs. That sounds promising. That’s the first in this month’s PR Tech Sum. Propel Raises $4.5 Million Seed Round.

article thumbnail

Media relations is thriving

Stephen Waddington

Trust in the media The 2018 Edelman Trust Barometer (opens as a PDF) puts the trust between the public and media at 41% worldwide. Shortly after the publication of his book, the public relations profession spotted the opportunity to communicate with publics at scale via the media rather than direct public engagement.

article thumbnail

Acting Ethically Means Going Beyond Performative Action – Candace Hamana

Ethical Voices

I got my start in public relations, interestingly enough, doing political campaigns and community organizing back in South Carolina in 2007. I felt very compelled and impassioned with the work that I was doing in the communities in the South, the hotbed of retail politics. I was in charge of being the liaison to tribal communities.

Ethics 82