Remove 2012 Remove Community Remove Pitching Remove Writing
article thumbnail

Case Study: Blogger Outreach for Oxfam America’s International Women’s Day 2012 Campaign

Waxing UnLyrical

One of the most fun projects I’ve worked on recently was Oxfam America’s (OA) International Women’s Day (IWD) 2012 campaign. write their own blog post to promote IWD 2012. The eCard initiative was new for 2012, so there wasn’t a benchmark, say for 2011, to set goals against. And then we pitched.

article thumbnail

How to Segment Journalists By Social Media Use

Cision

Often, people write about journalists as “journalists” – a nebulous bunch of undifferentiated people who perform the same tasks (perhaps in different verticals). And you hear journalists complain about this lack of differentiation in how the PR community pitches them. Promoters” are all about promotion on social media platforms.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Cristina Commendatore, Editor in Chief of FleetOwner

Bianchi Biz Blog

I covered Hurricane Sandy in Connecticut in 2012. That was my first experience really using social media and the publication’s website to break news and keep residents in the community informed. In my role today, the most fun stories I get to write come from test-driving trucks. Stick to the keep-it-simple principle.

Meeting 59
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Vince Bond, Reporter at Automotive News

Bianchi Biz Blog

I started writing in eighth grade for my middle school newspaper in 1999 and was hooked from there. I completed six internships at various outlets in Michigan and Ohio before getting hired at Automotive News in 2012, my first full-time gig. What advice do you have for PR people that want to pitch you?

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Vesna Brajkovic, Managing Editor of Heavy Duty Trucking & TruckingInfo.com

Bianchi Biz Blog

As managing editor of Heavy Duty Trucking magazine and TruckingInfo.com, she writes trucking news and features, manages e-newsletters and social media, coordinates magazine production, and helps to develop content for events and multimedia projects. It was an internal struggle deciding because I felt my heart was in community stories.

Meeting 81
article thumbnail

7 Rules for a New Era of Communications

PRSay

We even write emails with more thought. Works like Daniel Kahneman’s “Thinking Fast and Slow” (2011) and Jonathan Haidt’s “The Righteous Mind” (2012) show that they — and our target audiences — are not. L’Oréal Paris stands in solidarity with the Black community, and against injustice of any kind. Take L’Oréal, for example.

article thumbnail

PR Tech Briefing: Onclusive Provides PR with Attribution Capabilities and Promises Novel Approach to Distribution

Sword and the Script

This is an effort to illustrate some of the interesting innovations occurring within the PR vendor community – and provide an agnostic source of information on tools and technologies I believe PR professionals should have on their radar. million in venture capital, in four rounds of funding since 2012, according to Crunchbase.