article thumbnail

Community for Career Development: A Look Inside One NAVUG Community Member’s Journey

Presspage

I’m a member of NAVUG , an online community that is the epitome of Margaret Mead's statement. If you will humor me and enjoy the story I am about to share, you too can build a thriving and successful online community in your sphere of influence. Online communities and learning were unleashed to the masses.

Community 115
article thumbnail

Brands Bring Substance To COVID-19 Response

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Most have learned from early mistakes or half-measures and have designed campaigns that make a positive impact for employees, customers, and communities. Quite a few launched ad campaigns recognizing their own employees. Facebook, meanwhile is dramatically expanding its Community Help feature to address the pandemic.

Brand 284
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

PR Lessons From The Biggest Failures of 2023

By Monday, most of OpenAI’s rank-and-file employees were threatening to follow them. Target found itself in a somewhat similar situation when anti-LGBTQ customers criticized its Pride Month displays, in some cases trashing store merchandise and harassing employees.

Banking 212
article thumbnail

Apple’s iPhone gets an Olivia Rodrigo-inspired close-up in September’s top brand coverage

NewsWhip

But in September it was Shaq’s relationship with big retailers that brought the headlines, both in earned and social media. It’s a feel-good, human-interest story that highlights generosity of the type we’ve seen be successful before that shows how celebrities can make a positive impact on their communities.

Reddit 78
article thumbnail

Was Away On A Mission Impossible?

Businesses spend millions on brand reputation and community service. But a reputation can unravel quickly when a public-facing employee mistreats a customer, and the customer takes the case to the social mob. Employees) are told to forget the “poor habits” they learned at previous jobs, one employee recalled.

article thumbnail

How To Grow Your Facebook Community

Waxing UnLyrical

One that could have a vibrant Facebook community, if they could just get to that point. With eight franchises in two states and many people working at the company, I am not sure if they asked their employees, friends and family of employees to “like” the page. Ask friends, family, employees to Like the page.

article thumbnail

PR Agencies Need To Be More Diverse And Inclusive. Here’s How To Start

Remote PR Jobs

In January, fashion retailer H&M came under fire for an advertisement featuring a young black boy in a green hoodie bearing the words “coolest monkey in the jungle.” A lack of inclusion can sometimes be seen in employee surveys. One survey conducted by the E3 Taskforce, a group made up of U.S.-

Agency 100