Remove Blogging Remove Community Remove Definition Remove Measurement
article thumbnail

Tips on Measuring Community [April #measurePR Recap]

Waxing UnLyrical

At the heart of social PR lies community. So that’s what we focused on for the April #measurePR Twitter chat; how to measure community, how to tell when community-building initiatives are working (and when they’re not), and how community-focused metrics might change over time. Both Hoop.la SeeDepth Inc.

article thumbnail

On Thursday, July 19th, #PRStudChat Discusses Social Media & Strategic Communications

Deirdre Breakenridge

It may be summer, but #PRStudChat, sponsored by Spin Sucks, is focused on strategic communications all year round. In the spirit of learning, even when school is out, our community will gather for a Twitter chat on July 19th at 12:00 p.m. ET to discuss social media and getting into the strategic communications mindset.

article thumbnail

10 social media blogs and e-newsletters I suggest following

Communications Conversations

If you’re reading this blog, you also know I produce a lot of content on a monthly basis: 2 blog posts per week, 2 podcast episodes per month and four Talking Points e-newsletters per month. And, I’ve gotten a lot smarter over the years around what blogs and sites to follow–and which to avoid. Buffer blog.

article thumbnail

Event Sustainability — The Triple Bottom Line

Landis PR

Photo courtesy of Pixabay Note: This is a reposted blog by our Public Relations Global Network Partner, Danielle Dickinson – The Castle Group. For the original blog, please visit here. Both TBL and ESG are frameworks to measure the sustainability of a company, and each play an important role in event planning.

article thumbnail

Is it Shortsighted Not to Host Your Own Blog?

Waxing UnLyrical

Alison Kenney asked this question yesterday in a Facebook group I belong to: “When it comes to your own website, do you think a blog is a must?” ” You’re reading this blog on a business website, so you already know what my answer is. Why do people ask whether or not you should host your own blog?

article thumbnail

Earned Media: 3 PR Studies Quantifying the Impact of Media Relations on Sales [UML]

Sword and the Script

PR measurement can be a bit like a self-fulfilling prophecy. On one hand, it gets dinged for a lack of measurement. On the other hand, measuring some PR activities, like earned media , is far more challenging than other forms of marketing and communications. If you want blogs, you don’t want press releases.

Study 140
article thumbnail

Public Relations vs Marketing

Doctor Spin

Some organisations have Communications Departments for their public relations needs and some have Marketing Departments for their promotional needs. In this blog post, let’s look at the differences between public relations and marketing. It also involves crisis communication to mitigate damage to the company’s reputation.