article thumbnail

What’s Your Social Media Elevator Pitch? Join #PRStudChat on June 21 To Find Out How to Leverage Your Network

Deirdre Breakenridge

She recently received her master of science in public relations from New York University’s School of Professional Studies and received her bachelor of science in journalism from Boston University. Previously she was a freelance reporter at the Staten Island Advance. Read more.

article thumbnail

#MediaMonday – Deb Krol

HMA Public Relations

Today’s journalist is Debra Krol Deb is a Native American community journalist, writing about science and environmental issues, economic development, business, Native American art; and travel/tourism (both Native and mainstream). One of my favorite things about #MediaMonday is the chance to highlight freelance journalists.

Tourism 47
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

22 PR Rock Stars of the Future

Communications Conversations

Melissa Thibodo is the whole package – she is incredibly bright with PR strategy, she is among our top student writers and editors in the journalism school, she has unparalleled relationship building skills, and she has a strong foundation of real-world experience. (written by Tiffany Gallicano) . Kathryn Duke, @dukekathryn.

Sports 0
article thumbnail

On becoming a PRIA Fellow

Prakkypedia

Helping relaunch southaustralia.com back in the heady days of gigantic website projects – big budgets, interstate agencies, teams travelling around SA to become immersed in our tourism gems before writing about them. But consider what’s happening in Australia right now.

Radio 24
article thumbnail

PR Is As PR Does

Waxing UnLyrical

This is a topic that is near and dear to my heart, though. These fine folk did: Jan. 24 : Whats Next DC , Washington, DC Feb.

article thumbnail

Is Pay-to-Post Blogging The New Advertorial?

Waxing UnLyrical

The small community of readers I have built up and learned from would shun me, rightly perhaps. Thanks for sharing the post with your #pr20chat community. In journalism, reporters are never outright paid for favorable articles. Alas, the issue is even stickier for bloggers than it is for companies. These fine folk did: Jan.

article thumbnail

Weekly Roundup: Time and Space

Waxing UnLyrical

Why God did not create the universe , by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow, from the Wall Street Journal (you may not be able to read this online if you don’t have a subscription). Why: Regardless of whether you believe in a higher power or not, it will should leave you thinking. These fine folk did: Jan.