Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove International Remove Media Relations
article thumbnail

15 Up-and-Coming PR and Social Media Marketers to Watch

Communications Conversations

I give you 15 up-and-coming social media and communications rock stars! Sarah Schoeneck, Media Relations Manager – Patterson Dental (nominated by Arik Hanson). She left the agency world in 2016 to work at Be The Match on their communications team.

article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

He published a paper called PR 2020 on behalf of the CIPR in 2011 that examined the future of PR. The greatest of these is the shift away from media relations as the dominant means of public engagement to working across all forms of media. The #FuturePRoof community goes from strength-to-strength.

article thumbnail

Bad PR Measurement Gets a Smackdown

Waxing UnLyrical

for the last few days, speaking on measurement at the 2011 Oregon Governor's Conference on Tourism. measurepr -12:07 PM Apr 12th, 2011. measurepr -12:29 PM Apr 12th, 2011. Q3 #measurepr -12:51 PM Apr 12th, 2011. measurepr -12:21 PM Apr 12th, 2011. measurepr -12:22 PM Apr 12th, 2011. 12:29 PM Apr 12th, 2011.

article thumbnail

Industry Consolidation Continues Among PR Vendors; PR Tech Sum: Onclusive, SocialChorus, Teletrax, iQ Media, Agility PR Solutions

Sword and the Script

I’ll include news from the PR vendor community and review and curate content they produce ( like this ). Strance was a long-time product manager for Vocus (and a colleague and friend) and he gave me a demo of the iQ Media product in 2014 and the TV monitoring capabilities were very slick. Learn more: press release , Media Post.

article thumbnail

The Misinformation Age: Misinformation, Lies, and Communications

Scott Public Relations

professor at the University of California at Irvine and author of the book “The Misinformation Age: How False Beliefs Spread”, explained at the annual meeting of PR Boutiques International that understanding how false beliefs propagate may lie in defining “belief” as a social phenomenon. Cailin O’Connor, Ph.D.,

article thumbnail

The Misinformation Age: Misinformation, Lies, and Communications

Scott Public Relations

professor at the University of California at Irvine and author of the book “The Misinformation Age: How False Beliefs Spread”, explained at the annual meeting of PR Boutiques International that understanding how false beliefs propagate may lie in defining “belief” as a social phenomenon. Cailin O’Connor, Ph.D.,

article thumbnail

Constructing the Organizational Narrative: PR definition in the making

PR Conversations

For that matter, some practitioners appear confused, limiting PR to media relations and/or publicity. Public relations is not the only profession that lays claim to “telling stories.” Internal communications often say they are corporate storytellers. I used it three times in Public Relations 2011.