Remove 2007 Remove Community Remove How To Remove Journalism
article thumbnail

In Memoriam: Douglas Ann Newsom, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA

PRSay

Newsom was a Texas Christian University professor emerita of the Schieffer School of Journalism and authored numerous books. It’s difficult to imagine the public relations scholar/practitioner community without Doug,” Kruckeberg said. My mantra at TCU was ‘the most important part of your education was learning how to learn.’”.

article thumbnail

What Are the New Rules of Marketing and PR?

wiredPRworks

In 2007, David mentioned my fledgling blog wiredPRworks in his book, “ The New Rules of Marketing and PR.”. Released in 2007, The New Rules of Marketing and PR landed six months on the BusinessWeek bestseller list. Have you ever read a book that completely changed your life? Connect with David Meerman Scott. Facebook [link].

Marketing 118
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

[Guest Post] Five Ways to Ensure Your Next Speaker Lineup Includes More Than Just Middle Aged White Guys

Deirdre Breakenridge

Since 2007, 57 keynote speakers at Apple’s Worldwide Development conference have been men. She has volunteered in India and South Africa, helping empower women through job skills training, in local communities. __. [1] How Many Women Has Apple Put On The WWDC Keynote Stage Since 2007?” How to Get Women Panels.”

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Philip Nussel, Web Editor at Automotive News

Bianchi Biz Blog

I have supervised the Automotive News collegiate internship program since 2007. And several of our success stories now compete against us at world-class news organizations such as The Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg News, among others. As I tell my young reporters and interns, “conflict is the currency of good journalism.”.

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Erica Schueller, Editorial Director, Commercial Vehicle Group at Endeavor Business Media

Bianchi Biz Blog

I learned how to conduct a thorough pre- and post-trip inspection on a tractor-trailer, how to properly upshift and downshift a manual 18-speed transmission, and how to accurately and safely back a tractor with a 53-foot trailer. How long have you been in journalism and how did you get started?

Groups 55
article thumbnail

An Interview with Richard Bistrong, CEO, Front-Line Anti-Bribery LLC

Critical Mention

That honor and experience dramatically increased my exposure to the anti-bribery and compliance community. It is still a heartfelt experience when people come up to me during one of my corporate engagements, on a global basis, and share how much they enjoy the FCPA Blog and my posts. Reading her books in prison had a real impact on me.

article thumbnail

10 Million Reasons to Make AI Education Accessible for Marketers

PR 20/20

Scripps School of Journalism spring quarter of my junior year. We became HubSpot’s first agency partner in 2007, and then I wrote my first book, The Marketing Agency Blueprint, in 2011. Private Slack community. Our roadmap is focused on three primary areas of community, education and technology. It’s time to change that.