article thumbnail

15 PR Professionals Share Their Tips for Successfully Working From Home

PRSay

Here’s what PRSA’s LinkedIn community had to say: —-. Feelings of isolation can take over when you are absorbed in crisis and corporate communications work day after day. Some of the responses appeared in the May issue of Strategies & Tactics , but we weren’t able to print them all, due to space constraints.

Skype 212
article thumbnail

Person-to-Person Communication: The Human Side of Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Yes, you need to maintain an ongoing dialog with your public, and social media communication, as one example, is a way to accomplish that. But at the end (or beginning) of the day, in-person or, at the very least, telephonic (and I’ll add some of the current-day online platforms like Skype) communication must take place.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Optimize: a Discussion with Lee Odden [Video]

Waxing UnLyrical

” That is where you integrate social principles and a community element into content marketing – and to which you naturally apply good SEO principles – to grow a business that flourishes through attraction and engagement. A few months ago, Lee took the time out of his hectic schedule to chat with me about the book.

Video 79
article thumbnail

Mother’s Day Gift Ideas: #thoughtfulgifting

Waxing UnLyrical

The quality is usually far better than Skype, and the prices can’t be beat. area, she loves helping for- and non-profit clients, both small and large, turn corporate codswallop into community cool™. If you’re not celebrating your mom in person, it’s tough to beat a phone call. Based in the Washington, D.C.,

Skype 40
article thumbnail

New Year Resolutions for the Social PR Pro

Waxing UnLyrical

Get involved with a community or two – and pay attention to what people are saying to really participate. It’s when you’re part of a community that you know what people are hoping for… and can help them out. So find ways to engage offline: Face-to-face calls on Skype. Fall in love. Google+ Hangouts.

Skype 40
article thumbnail

Powwowing With Pepco on Social Media

Waxing UnLyrical

On what system Pepco has of working with other departments during a crisis: “Pepco brings together representatives from Corporate Communications, Customer Care, Regulatory Affairs, Government Affairs, and Operations to work together in our Joint Information Center (JIC) during a crisis. Completely. These fine folk did: Jan.

article thumbnail

Five Business Lessons Learned From Hiring a Virtual Assistant

Waxing UnLyrical

When I did shortlist candidates – I think six or seven – I asked them to follow a specific process to set up a Skype interview with me. for screen sharing, now that Skype doesn’t let you do that without a premium account? Guess how many did exactly as I asked? It’s awesome!). Based in the Washington, D.C.,

Skype 88