article thumbnail

Deborah Weinstein on the Challenges Confronting PR and Digital Marketing

Flack's Revenge

The thing about marketing is that to fill your net you have to fish where the fish are. And social, with its free and open access; bountiful, ever-shifting demographic landscapes; bright, new shiny platforms; trolls and black holes, represents an ocean of opportunity marketers simply cannot afford to ignore. Be Helpful.

Marketing 244
article thumbnail

Content Curation’s Last stand?

Flack's Revenge

Content curation had been championed as a way to up the pace of content marketing by riding OPC (other people’s content), and to boost thought leadership, by commenting on others’ thoughts when you didn’t have an original idea. Now I was strangely stumped, even disinterested. These are different times.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Building a Global Media Brand with HubSpot [Case Study]

PR 20/20

Unpacking the Challenge: How to Help Marketers Understand & Apply AI. Regardless of whether marketers embrace AI, it is accelerating change in the industry: Consumers demand greater personalization, and want to control data and privacy. Career paths will evolve. Some jobs will be lost, and new ones will be created.

article thumbnail

LinkedIn Social Selling Training & Digital Marketing Workshop Debuts

wiredPRworks

Immediately upgrade your skills and achieve a much greater understanding of your personal branding, digital marketing and social selling potential. Taught in a quick-start format online at Ascend Training, this class is ideal for those who want to advance their branding, content marketing and social media skills.

article thumbnail

How Do I Become a PR Influencer

Critical Mention

The path to gaining a following and making an impact on the community is a little different for everybody. Whether it’s AI, virtual reality, data privacy, blockchain–all are tied to our roles and our audience’s experience. There is no prescriptive formula for becoming a PR influencer.

article thumbnail

Controlled Chaos: 86 Comms Pros Explain How Communications Work Has Changed

Sword and the Script

Lines between what constitutes PR and content marketing continue to blur. A vast increase in demand and 24/7 availability to address: Actual and perceived crises or emergencies and inquires and requests made by all elected officials and community members.”. Dynamic content and regulations. Less static content.

article thumbnail

Paid Social Media as Surround Sound in B2B Marketing; Off Script No. 39: Betsy Hindman of the Hindman Company

Sword and the Script

That led her down a series of paths including content marketing, ecommerce and today, in B2B marketing. BH: When I stepped into the world of content marketing to understand what was happening there, it was in healthcare. She is Betsy Hindman, and she’s my guest for the 39 th edition of the Off Script series.

B2B 82