Remove Banking Remove Community Remove Crisis Remove Financial
article thumbnail

For comms pros, Silicon Valley Bank is a reminder that trust is currency

Sword and the Script

They didn’t trust the bank. The banking community has some unique dynamics… Scar tissue. The financial crisis of 2008-2009 still haunts many of us; Frayed nerves. The preceding cryptocurrency meltdown toppled a bank or two and reminded us of the financial ghosts; and Uncertainty.

Banking 81
article thumbnail

Bank Stress Tests Complete. Could Your Bank Now Pass a “Reputation” Test?

Reputation Us

Congratulations to all 34 of the nation’s largest banks for passing their annual “stress test” this summer. Each year the Federal Reserve conducts a financial health checkup on banks, called a stress test , to determine how solid they are. banks have significantly rebounded from the 2008 financial shock.

Banking 60
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Bank Stress Tests Complete. Could Your Bank Now Pass a “Reputation” Test?

Reputation Us

Congratulations to all 34 of the nation’s largest banks for passing their annual “stress test” this summer. Each year the Federal Reserve conducts a financial health checkup on banks, called a stress test , to determine how solid they are. banks have significantly rebounded from the 2008 financial shock.

Banking 60
article thumbnail

Crisis Marathon “Mile Marker:” Be Like Nurses. Be Like Doctors.

Reputation Us

CA Riots – Community leaders. Active shooters – Families, teachers, communities. Financial crisis – Sadly, not sure if any leaders emerged there. As it pertains to crisis response, we want to recognize the front-line health care providers (i.e., law firm, bank, restaurant) or product (e.g.,

Crisis 88
article thumbnail

PR Lessons From The Biggest Failures of 2023

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

But the reaction in the gay and trans community was swift and angry, and sales suffered. Walk the walk before you talk: International Women’s Day It was more an embarrassment than a crisis, but in March of 2022, hundreds of companies marked International Women’s Day with promotions or social posts of support.

Banking 212
article thumbnail

Elon Musk’s Twitter Takeover: Lessons for Leaders

Reputation Us

From the November 28, 2022 issue of Financial Brand. Whether or not Musk succeeds remains to be seen, but behind those headlines is a mission-oriented strategy, a performance initiative, and a customer plan that bank and credit union leaders should learn from. His leadership decisions have spilled even more. He’s got a long way to go.

Twitter 78
article thumbnail

Learning From Past Crises to Navigate Post-COVID-19

Reputation Us

When it comes to navigating crisis, I have been in the eye of many storms. As the president of ReputationUs and with 28 years of experience behind me, I have been striving to refine the art of managing corporate reputations during a crisis into a well-honed specialty. Ideally, a crisis is not a time to look at your vulnerabilities.

Crisis 78