Remove Agency Remove Community Remove Print Remove Small Business
article thumbnail

When A Small Business Has A Big (PR) Advantage

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Some PR agencies fall into a trap of chasing only only large, brand-name clients. The truth is actually a bit more complicated — very large clients can bring challenges of their own — and in my experience, it’s good to have a healthy client mix that suits an agency’s staff and size. Here are some reasons why.

article thumbnail

PR Isn’t Just for Big Businesses?

Victorious PR

There is a wide-spread push to avoid big-box stores and save small businesses, as many have had to close their doors for good in recent years. What constitutes a small business varies—by size of firm, number of employees, revenue earned, output measurements like sales and shipments, etc.—but Community relations.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Spotlight on a Solo PR Pro: Meet Stu Opperman, APR

Solo PR Pro

He developed a love of sports and print media at a young age, and set off to the University of Florida to pursue a degree in journalism. They didn’t have a lot of PR experience, but knew it could be a revenue center for the agency, and they entrusted me to handle that,” he says. In fact, he hadn’t even intended on working in PR.

Meeting 131
article thumbnail

Celebrating the CIPR at 70 and pioneering practitioners

Stephen Waddington

The book includes contributions from a mix of academics, teachers and practitioners; young and old; agency, public, private and third sector; and both regional and national contributors. Our founders were serving in various government departments or agencies. The CIPR exists because of the commitment of its volunteer community.

article thumbnail

Inspiring the Consumer: You Can’t Do That on Television

Shift Communications

It was all there in print – and if Jennifer Connelly was using it, I should be too! But I would argue that beyond that influencer endorsement you need a level of micro approval to drive that word of mouth conversation in your own small community. Oprah’s book club gone community access cable. Tara Wickwire.

article thumbnail

A Brand Is a Business Risk to be Understood and Managed; Off Script No. 40: Brianna Carroll Boyle

Sword and the Script

So, I thought was interesting to see an experienced marketing and communications leader from the cybersecurity community, categorized the notion of brand under risk. 3) You’ve worked both on the agency and the client side in PR. 3) You’ve worked both on the agency and the client side in PR.

Brand 105
article thumbnail

PR on a Budget: 10 Tips for Smarter Spending and Better Results

Burrelles Fresh Ideas

Broadening contact lists and building even more robust connections can be accomplished through active participation in numerous community events, such as workshops, seminars, or conferences within specific industries. Sometimes, it just takes a little community spirit.