Remove Advertising Remove Community Remove Crisis Communications Remove Sports
article thumbnail

Spotlight on a Solo PR Pro: Meet Stu Opperman, APR

Solo PR Pro

He developed a love of sports and print media at a young age, and set off to the University of Florida to pursue a degree in journalism. Stu refocused his sights and graduated with a degree in Telecommunications, eventually landing his first professional job doing news, sports, and as a DJ in California.

Meeting 131
article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Josh Culling

Cision

says it’s more important to add value with your crisis communication than to try and spin the issue. In this interview, he shares the steps your brand should take when a crisis arises, how to use social media in your crisis communication plan and why you need to avoid cliché statements when dealing with crises.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Discovering the Roadmap in Teaching Social Media

Deirdre Breakenridge

This class is unlike others in PR, Marketing, and even Advertising classes. It’s a constant prep, and the level of engagement, currency in topics and trends, and expectations students and the community have of you is huge. This has been the primary reason why I decided to self-publish my own book on the roadmap to teach social media.

article thumbnail

Summer Travel: How PR & Comms Are Helping Drive Demand

Burrelles Fresh Ideas

Almost every family I talk to (either at work, kids’ sporting events or schools) plans to take a week-long vacation this summer. People enjoy activities such as swimming, sunbathing, water sports, and beachside relaxation. What I’m reading in the press and hearing on the morning shows tends to back this up.

Travel 40
article thumbnail

Importance of a PR Degree and How to Use a Public Relations Degree

5W PR

These include strategic planning and communication, new and social media, organizational planning, broadcasting, as well as media relations and writing. Many PR students minor in related fields like marketing or advertising. The elective courses allow students to focus on particular areas of public relations. What About My Minor.

article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

Public service media is failing the public Thank you My thanks to the following communities and individuals. The project has brought me into contact with a new community of more than 50 thinkers and doers. The #FuturePRoof community goes from strength-to-strength. She believes the same issues apply in advertising and PR.

article thumbnail

The Value Of A Global PR Network

Landis PR

This is a community where they can openly talk about that. That creates a very close, and I must say an intimate, atmosphere where members talk very freely about their business, about their headaches, about things that they are tired of, and things that they see as possibilities and can’t tell if it’s a real possibility.

Agency 59