article thumbnail

Spotlight on a Solo PR Pro: Meet Stu Opperman, APR

Solo PR Pro

He developed a love of sports and print media at a young age, and set off to the University of Florida to pursue a degree in journalism. Stu refocused his sights and graduated with a degree in Telecommunications, eventually landing his first professional job doing news, sports, and as a DJ in California.

Meeting 131
article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Josh Culling

Cision

says it’s more important to add value with your crisis communication than to try and spin the issue. In this interview, he shares the steps your brand should take when a crisis arises, how to use social media in your crisis communication plan and why you need to avoid cliché statements when dealing with crises.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Discovering the Roadmap in Teaching Social Media

Deirdre Breakenridge

It’s a constant prep, and the level of engagement, currency in topics and trends, and expectations students and the community have of you is huge. I can see this being used not only in the classroom, but for internships as well to help frame certain projects that may be relevant to help a brand, organization, or even a sports team.

article thumbnail

Summer Travel: How PR & Comms Are Helping Drive Demand

Burrelles Fresh Ideas

Almost every family I talk to (either at work, kids’ sporting events or schools) plans to take a week-long vacation this summer. People enjoy activities such as swimming, sunbathing, water sports, and beachside relaxation. What I’m reading in the press and hearing on the morning shows tends to back this up.

Travel 40
article thumbnail

Importance of a PR Degree and How to Use a Public Relations Degree

5W PR

These include strategic planning and communication, new and social media, organizational planning, broadcasting, as well as media relations and writing. The elective courses allow students to focus on particular areas of public relations. The good news is that the demand for PR professionals like you is high and the time is now.

article thumbnail

Recap Part I: #PRStudChat Discusses PR Education & Learning

Deirdre Breakenridge

Most schools offer the basic courses such as Introduction to PR, Writing, Research, Campaigns, Case Studies, and Crisis Communications. As Karen Freberg, a social media professor and guru, tweeted, social media class “can serve as a bridge for other majors like sports, business, etc.”

Education 150
article thumbnail

The Most Recommended PR Tech Vendors [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

The tool has several use cases including identifying the most influential reporters covering the competition or identifying “the most influential voices during a crisis.” The company strives to “measure the complete impact and value of the airtime” sponsors earn by sponsoring live events. in 2019, reaching a record $4.5