Remove 2013 Remove Community Remove Measurement Remove Media Relations
article thumbnail

The Two Most Effective Media Relations Tactics for 2013

Journalistics

For many of us, it’s what attracted us to media relations in the first place. In this post, I’ll share what I believe to be the two most effective media relations tactics for 2013 (hint: it’s all about inbound and real-time). If you work in media relations today, you have to be always on as well.

article thumbnail

Less publicized but more interesting takeaways from 3 reports on marketing and PR

Sword and the Script

The vendor community that serves PR has published a handful of reports over the last few months. The company’s measures are based on the pitches sent through their systems. ” I first heard the term in 2013, but it’s grown increasingly popular, because marketing people like to give new names to traditional concepts.

Report 106
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Present & Future Tech Trends PRs Should Prepare For

Cision

In PR and media relations, it’s easy to become entirely focused on the day-to-day issues at the expense of the longer event horizon. For media relations and PR professionals, this means even more attention to not just the text and images but the coding and metadata of online content. Click to enlarge.

Trends 120
article thumbnail

Orlando or Bust! Last Chance to Register for Solo PR Event at Discounted Rates

Solo PR Pro

This year, we’ve joined forces with the well-respected Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) Conference – being held August 10-12, in Orlando – to help develop a program jam-packed with sessions of interest to the Solo PR Pro community. Instagram for PR Success – Heather Whaling, President, Geben Communication.

Hotels 40
article thumbnail

Harnessing the Power of Big Data for Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Waze is the community-driven app that learns from users’ driving mannerisms to provide routing and real-time traffic updates. Stunts are a standard tool in the public relations arsenal, but with the help of social media analytics, we’re starting to see brands take them a step further. Leveraging real-time data during a crisis.

article thumbnail

30 Pragmatic Marketing and PR Predictions for 2020

Sword and the Script

Firms that stick to being mere providers of media relations will continue to lose market share.” ” Jo Detavernier , SCMP, APR | Detavernier Strategic Communication. We can measure the initial impacts of marketing and advertising efforts almost immediately, but that doesn’t mean we should.

Marketing 100
article thumbnail

Relations with customers and prospects

PR Conversations

In serialising chapters from the 1948 book Your Public Relations since October 2013, I have been struck by the relevance of the authors’ thinking and practice, often in total contrast to arguments that PR today is more strategic than in the past. Community service. Vendor relations. Stockholder relations.

Retail 40