Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Journalism Remove Video
article thumbnail

Back to School! 3 Solo PR Pros on Becoming an Adjunct Instructor

Solo PR Pro

I started teaching at UCI in 2011, with a five-week, online course focused on using social media for business development. Courses taught: Principles of Public Relations, Public Relations Writing, Communications Ethics, Media Relations, Campaigns (graduate program). DePaul University College of Communications, 2011 – 2022.

Education 107
article thumbnail

The future of academic conferences: Latest casualty of COVID19

Karen Freberg

Each August, I would have the chance to attend and present at AEJMC, which is an academic conference I have been to every year except 2011 (because the paper deadline was the same day as my dissertation defense – so my PhD won that contest!). Blinders are on to emerging communities in the field. and help each other.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

He published a paper called PR 2020 on behalf of the CIPR in 2011 that examined the future of PR. Public service media is failing the public Thank you My thanks to the following communities and individuals. The project has brought me into contact with a new community of more than 50 thinkers and doers. It’s a work in progress.

article thumbnail

How do you picture public relations?

Tough Sledding

Our learning communities meet on computer screens and never at the same time. I suppose we could depict a PR person directing a video project, but the visual will say “TV production” or maybe “journalism.” Our program, a master’s degree in public relations, is 100% online. You got the picture?

article thumbnail

The Essential Guide to Mass Communication: History, Methods, Ethics, and the Future

Masters in Communications

Today, printed media includes not only newspapers but magazines, professional publications, academic journals, comic books, and graphic novels (photographic and illustrated communication is also printed media), even local newsletters put through doors about upcoming events is printed media. Social media is seen as a relative latecomer.

Ethics 52
article thumbnail

Is Pay-to-Post Blogging The New Advertorial?

Waxing UnLyrical

The small community of readers I have built up and learned from would shun me, rightly perhaps. Thanks for sharing the post with your #pr20chat community. create and share video of how a product has impacted their lives, something they initially shared with us objectively). I will NEVER cover someone/something for money.

article thumbnail

Weekly Roundup: A Chuckle Or Seven

Waxing UnLyrical

Why: Anyone – including a famous mommyblogger – who can successfully tie the words “tyrant,&# “Bach,&# and “dog-butt-wiping-angle&# – with a video to boot – gets my vote. Pretty much everything from Sh*t My Dad Says. Liked what you saw? Why not book me for a speaking gig ? These fine folk did: Jan.

Twitter 68