Remove Books Remove Community Remove Storytelling Remove Technology
article thumbnail

Storytelling, Community and Purpose: Finding Balance Within the Tech Industry

The Hoffman Agency

From songwriting on my back porch as a kid to telling my little sister improvised tales of castles and princesses before bed, I have always been a storyteller. I was unsure of what I wanted out of my future but knew it had to involve three key components: storytelling, a strong community and a sense of purpose. The Beginning.

article thumbnail

More on PR2020: social media activism, internal comms resurgence, storytelling and professionalism

Stephen Waddington

There were some clear misses in my original essay: social media activism, internal communications, storytelling and professionalism in PR. Social media activism: brands don’t listen In 2012 Steve Earl and I wrote a book called Brand Anarchy. This is the story told by Robert McKeen and Thomas Gerace in their book Storynomics.

article thumbnail

Impact of COVID-19 on NHS comms

Stephen Waddington

A new book describes the extraordinary achievements of NHS communication practitioners during the COVID-19 crisis. The impact of COVID-19 on NHS comms documents the scale of the challenge faced by professional NHS communicators since the start of the Coronavirus pandemic in early 2020.

article thumbnail

If You’re a Modern Communicator, Then You THINK AHEAD

Deirdre Breakenridge

I know a lot of professionals who are storytellers. But, here’s a little profile test to see if you’re a modern communicator who shares stories that resonate and create impact with your audiences. In addition, your approach to storytelling is flexible and you easily adapt to a global communications landscape.

article thumbnail

Join #PRStudChat on March 22nd for a Chat on How to Build Relationships Through Content

Deirdre Breakenridge

ET, the #PRStudChat community will gather to discuss how storytelling and content help to build relationships with your community. Several of the topics and questions answered by our special guests and our community members on the 22nd will include: How much time/attention do you give to the content you share and why?

Radio 170
article thumbnail

10 Takeaways From PRSA’s 2018 International Conference

PRSay

If we think for a moment that we are in ‘just” a technology and social revolution, make no mistake that public relations and news are in the midst of a similar evolution and revolution. On data and measurement: “It’s not activity-based and about a book of news clips. The conversations remain more important than ever.

article thumbnail

What Are the New Rules of Marketing and PR?

wiredPRworks

Have you ever read a book that completely changed your life? In 2007, David mentioned my fledgling blog wiredPRworks in his book, “ The New Rules of Marketing and PR.”. When I found David’s work and read his first book, I knew I’d found the roadmap to the future of marketing and PR. Storytelling success stories.

Marketing 118