Remove Blogging Remove Community Remove Exercises Remove Writing
article thumbnail

9 Blogs To Make You PR-Smart

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

One of the best ways is to stay on top of key PR industry blogs as well as more general sites that offer a fresh take on business, creativity, and content. Why limit yourself to PR blogs when there’s a whole world of interesting stuff that can offer important information as well as increase specific skill sets? The Cision Blog.

Blogging 170
article thumbnail

5 Professional Development Exercises Your Marketing Team Should Try

PR 20/20

Exercising your mind, especially in the workplace, is a great way to improve key traits and characteristics needed to fuel a successful career. One way the PR 20/20 team exercises the mind is by conducting monthly morning meetings to focus on a variety of professional development activities. Condense Writing. Combine sentences.

article thumbnail

Monday Roundup: Blogging Tips from Around the Interwebz

Waxing UnLyrical

There’s a ton of stuff going on, so here at WUL we’re taking a short break from “live” blogging this week. So, in the spirit of education and the public good, here are are five articles that will provide you with blogging tips from optimizing your excerpts to increasing your readership.

article thumbnail

Blogger Outreach Versus Media Relations: What Marketers Need To Know

Polaris

According to a 2013 Technorati study , blogs are one of the most important online sources of purchase influence. While independent bloggers often have lower audience reach than legacy media, their communities are typically more involved. In fact, they ranked third after retail and brand sites—well above online magazines and news sites.

article thumbnail

Managing Conflicts in a ‘Cancel-Culture’ Environment

PRSay

Please join the discussion via #PRSAChat and #EthicsMonth, and follow along with our ethics-related blog posts, webinars and Twitter Chats throughout the month. Conduct a thorough “what if” exercise for controversies and determine how you’ll mitigate them. And if you don’t have one, then write one. Update your conflict policy.

Ethics 136
article thumbnail

Lockdown letter: Zoom fatigue, checking in with Maslow and future plans

Stephen Waddington

I won’t be learning Mandarin or writing a book during lockdown. Pleasure in simple things and new routines A lockdown book or new language may be a tall order but there is pleasure in art, cooking, craft and community. It’s a wonderful community act of craft. I’m writing on my blog more than ever.

article thumbnail

Judging A Blog Post By Its Cover

Waxing UnLyrical

It’s not just thinking about writing that I’ve been engaging in. It’s not just thinking about writing that I’ve been engaging in. Image: mj*laflaca via Flickr , Creative Commons It’s about how that writing looks. They might be helpful to you as you continue on your path as a blogging Grasshopper.