article thumbnail

TCIP #032 – The National Weather Service’s Crisis Communication Strategy with Daniel Noah

Melissa Agnes

Within this episode of The Crisis Intelligence Podcast, Dan and I dive into the specific strategies that the NWS uses to communicate with their community in times of emergency. The NWS’s strategy for dealing with doomsday photos that tend to go viral in natural disasters and put people in panic mode. Running time: 54:22.

article thumbnail

2020 Reputation Earthquakes: A Preparation Kit for the Shakes, Rattles & Rolls

Reputation Us

Just as communities have disaster plans, organizations must be prepared for shocking events in order to ward off a full collapse. What if painful and destructive aftershocks to the company’s people, customers, and community can be mitigated through preparation? Your best insurance is foresight, forecast, and forward-thinking action.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Healthcare PR: Not for the Faint at Heart 

Landis PR

We’ve lived through Dr. Google, a pandemic and health insurance meltdowns. When it comes to  healthcare public relations  and communications – data, trust and sensitivity are valued above all else. It’s especially important to have a  healthcare PR  partner who also can hit the ground running when a crisis hits.

article thumbnail

Our Team

Reputation Us

At LTPR, she wrote and edited a broad range of public relations and crisis communications materials for national financial, health care and shipping organizations. Her background working in these diverse business sectors found common ground in serving clients in the niches of professional firms and non-profit communities.

article thumbnail

4 Solo PR Pros on How They Knew It Was The Right Time to Start Their Business

Solo PR Pro

I also saw a niche for solo PR consultants with my specialties — media relations, crisis communications and community outreach — in my area. I knew there was an opportunity to work with medium to large businesses and community development organizations who may not want to hire a full agency team.

Agency 108
article thumbnail

Credit Union Times: CU Crisis Planning Essential

Reputation Us

Boggs said it’s important for executives to discuss different crisis communications scenarios and practice executing the plan through simulations. Trying to communicate a crisis without a plan is like trying to float a boat with holes. You developed a crisis communications plan?’ By Peter Strozniak.

Crisis 60
article thumbnail

11 Steps For Crisis Management

Prohibition

A crisis is distinguished from routine disruptions by its potential for threat and harm to the reputation or physical assets of an individual, organisation or community. Crisis management requires a company to take steps to avoid disaster, manage the crisis and recover from it as quickly as possible. Personnel crisis.