Remove 2020 Remove Community Remove Trends Remove Viral
article thumbnail

9 Social Media Trends Every Marketer Must Know For 2021: A Conversation with Arik Hanson

MaccaPR

Minneapolis-based social media consultant Arik Hanson spoke with our PR agency’s vice president Christine Scherping during a lively event, “Social Media Trends to Watch in 2021.” But first, here’s nine takeaways to give you a head start on social media trends in the new year (lightly edited for clarity): Embrace Do-It-Yourself Content.

article thumbnail

Announcing the NewsWhip x Reddit Partnership

NewsWhip

Today, we’re excited to introduce a partnership with Reddit that will enable our users to explore what’s happening across Reddit’s network of more than 130,000 active communities — and for the first time ever, provide them a way to search Reddit comments. Reddit’s communities are informed — often composed of experts and knowledgeable users.

Reddit 117
article thumbnail

From Regal to Get Real: Why Casual Communications Are Here to Stay

PRSay

In 2020, across the pond here in the United States, people needed to be heard, seen and reassured through crises including the pandemic, social unrest due to racial injustices, and a tense and volatile election year. His viral moment isn’t a thing anymore; it’s the stuff every working day is made of. Keep calm and communicate on!

article thumbnail

Facebook’s pushing Groups, but how can brands really use them?

Communications Conversations

One big trend I see accelerating in the social media world in 2019 is the move to more “community” and less “let’s go viral” It’s something I talked about in my trends presentation I put together that I’ve given now to five different groups in the Twin Cities.

Groups 68
article thumbnail

Whippie Awards: Best Publishers on Social in 2019

NewsWhip

As we close the first full week in 2020, and since it’s awards season, we decided to do some awarding for the best publishers on social in 2019. In 2018 that took the form of building a community around Reddit. . That’s right, it’s Whippies time! These are the categories we ultimately landed on this year: Top overall publisher.

Reddit 88
article thumbnail

7 Rules for a New Era of Communications

PRSay

During the pandemic, economic crisis, racial tensions and partisan arguments that have marked 2020, we have started communicating differently. L’Oréal Paris stands in solidarity with the Black community, and against injustice of any kind. Studies have shown anger to be the most viral emotion, but anger destroys and divides.

article thumbnail

The Importance of Social Media in Crisis Management

Prohibition

And with social media moving at lightning speed, effective crisis management by your social team can be the difference between a few negative comments and a viral boycott. Facebook users spend an average of 20 minutes each day on the social networking site, making it potentially the most influential social network used by your community.