Remove 2015 Remove Community Remove Content Marketing Remove Pitching
article thumbnail

Is Content Marketing Better than Advertising?

Sword and the Script

billion in ad spend waste in 2015, according to a new report.”. billion in ad spend waste in 2015, according to a new report.”. As a result, the refrain “content marketing is better than advertising” is bounced around the marketing echo chamber. In his book Zero to One , Peter Thiel says no one likes to be pitched.

article thumbnail

20 PR and Marketing Predictions for 2022

Sword and the Script

As I’ve done for the last several years , I solicited and compiled a list of predictions from professionals across the PR and marketing community. As anyone with even a slightly popular blog knows, ‘guest post pitching’ has gotten out of hand. “One cookies) is in its twilight which puts diminishes marketing reach and targeting.

Marketing 215
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

#FuturePRoof podcast: an afternoon snifter

Stephen Waddington

Twitter has said that it has no plans to address the issue and that the community quickly self corrects. Get in early and make considered pitches. FuturePRoof was founded in 2015 by Sarah Hall as community initiative to explore the future of public relations and its contribution to organisations as a management discipline.

Ethics 108
article thumbnail

How to Boost Social Media Engagement with Influencer Marketing

Waxing UnLyrical

Influencer marketing is more than just a buzzword. According to a 2015 report by Augure , marketers are increasingly achieving positive results with influencer marketing campaigns. Here are 5 ways to take audience engagement on social media to the next level with influencer marketing: 1.

article thumbnail

Monday Roundup: Influencer Relationships

Waxing UnLyrical

If You Want Your Content Marketing to be Great, Ask Influencers to Participate. 4 Questions to Incorporate Influencer Outreach into Content Marketing. It’s not a pitch, it’s a person. The super powers of influence marketing. ” 3. Steve’s slide, my photo. Based in the Washington, D.C.,

article thumbnail

Hopes, Dreams and Sage Advice: 40+ Marketing and PR predictions for 2023

Sword and the Script

And, given the vast amount of time I pour into writing about PR technology , I’m really pleased with the long list of contributions from the PR technology vendor community. Pay to pay, content grows; influencer marketing cools. “I Strengthening community-building and connections. I see a few things.

Marketing 192
article thumbnail

New Media & The PR Pro: A Look Ahead

Flatiron Communications

Even so, as someone who has made a career and still plies the “earned media” trade for a range of clients, I get the heebie-jeebies when a prominent journalist from a highly sought-after business news site quips during a recent Publicity Club of New York luncheon that he “hasn’t written a story pitched by a PR person in years.”

Media 28