Remove 2013 Remove Community Remove Corporate Remove Local
article thumbnail

Gearing Up For Social Slam 2013

Waxing UnLyrical

That means typically I get paid for my time, so it is rare for me to pay my own expenses to travel out of my local area for a speaking gig. And this is what I’m pretty sure I will get at SMC Knoxville’s Social Slam 2013 , which will kick off in exactly three weeks and three days from today (April 5). Here or there?

article thumbnail

Share This: a Recap of #measurePR with Richard Bagnall (Pt. I)

Waxing UnLyrical

It’s important to have a consistent global approach but respect needs of local markets which run at different speeds. Richard Bagnall (@richardbagnall) February 19, 2013. Fleurie Amorette (@FleurieFM) February 19, 2013. And to make sure that the pr measurement provided is future looking and can drive strategy.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

More Intelligent, More Human: The Future of Marketing Is Both

PR 20/20

Values-based messaging (32%) was more effective than product-focused communications (26%) in driving advocacy. Source: Neilsen , 2013). I’ll shop exclusively with REI, Patagonia, and my local Backpackers Shop—or purchase those brands secondhand—because of shared values. Source: Edelman , 2018). Source: Accenture , 2018).

article thumbnail

LinkedIn Pulse: The Next Content Marketing Must-Have?

MaccaPR

Preceding its $90 million acquisition by LinkedIn back in 2013, Pulse was a news-aggregator app that curated your favorite publications and news sources and presented them in a Flipboard-type manner. Rebranding to “LinkedIn Pulse” in late 2013 , the app has quickly become a key part of making LinkedIn a content marketing machine.

article thumbnail

The Results Are In! 2015 Solo PR Pro Compensation Survey Insights Report

Solo PR Pro

The top predictors of hourly rate are total PR experience , local client base (geographic limitation associated with a lower rate), larger typical client size , and Solo PR PRO Premium membership. The majority of respondents see income trending upward (year-to-year, 2013 to 2015). Limitations of local client base.

Survey 40
article thumbnail

8 Questions with Syracuse University’s Sports Legend, Michael Veley

Critical Mention

However, we had 48 hours to create and host a championship celebration in the Carrier Dome to honor the team, and then, coordinate a major downtown parade, pep rally and community-wide tribute less than two days later. Falk Endowed Professor of Sport Management at Syracuse University’s Falk College in July 2013.

Sports 60
article thumbnail

How to build better relations with employees

PR Conversations

Personally I feel the tendency to state that public relations practice (including internal communications) is better today than in the past is a mistake as much earlier wisdom seems to have not only been lost, but denied by this stance. These points are found in the work of Earnshaw and also in the new text by Fitzpatrick and Valskov.