article thumbnail

Nonprofit Local News Gains Steam

PRSay

Already decimated by staff reductions, many print and broadcast newsrooms have been acquired by large corporations that are often more interested in online clicks and monetizing news than in factual reporting, Todd said. Most affected were local news outlets that are independently operated or owned by small media chains.

Nonprofit 172
article thumbnail

The 22 Responsibilities of PR and What They Entail

Onclusive

Corporate Communications As companies grow, corporate communications become more important. Corporate communicators regularly work with stakeholders across the organization to develop and distribute pertinent info to employees and key affiliates. Onclusive offers a proprietary media monitoring solution.

Training 195
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

United we Brand? Top Reads on Corporate Activism

Flack's Revenge

I’m a cynic and question the motives behind most corporate activism. The corporate entity is obligated to care only about itself and to define what is good as what makes it more money,” he writes in the essay. And corporate persons are the most powerful people in our world.”. Boardroom Sociopaths. A Few Final Thoughts.

Corporate 198
article thumbnail

Ricky Gervais is right (and wrong) about the local paper

Prakkypedia

In Ricky Gervais’s latest TV series, After Life , he’s a writer at a free community newspaper. After several grumpy episodes interviewing local people about their so-called “stories”, Ricky’s character has an epiphany. He says ‘ everybody deserves to be in their local paper’ at least once in their lives.

Local 128
article thumbnail

Navigating Media At High-Profile Events

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Consider The Impact on Local Communities. Any corporate event attendance or sponsorship should consider its impact on the local town or community, particularly if it’s an international gathering. Taking time to maintain an organized system of scheduling and information-sharing will make a good impression.

Media 294
article thumbnail

Facebook is local media

Stephen Waddington

Local Facebook pages and groups are replacing local media according to research from Braintree, Essex. By Dan Slee If there’s one thing I can tell you it’s that Facebook groups and pages in a local area are huge. Exploring a community In September last year I set about counting the Facebook groups and pages in Braintree.

Local 60
article thumbnail

Facebook is local media

Stephen Waddington

Facebook pages and groups are replacing local media according to research from Braintree, Essex. By Dan Slee If there’s one thing I can tell you it’s that Facebook groups and pages in a local area are huge. Exploring a community In September last year I set about counting the Facebook groups and pages in Braintree. A lot huge.

Local 60