Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Crisis Remove Local
article thumbnail

Remembering how 9/11 Changed the World – and Communications

wiredPRworks

Twenty years ago, today, we remember how 9/11 changed the world – and communications. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. We needed to find ways to communicate quickly, accurately and effectively. Backpack communications was the most reliable and quick route to homes.

article thumbnail

4 Corporate Communications Lessons From Hurricane Harvey

PRSay

In corporate settings, outside crisis management experts can use their mental and physical distance from a crisis to see it clearly. Similarly, companies can anticipate many of the resources they’ll need if a crisis strikes. The middle of a crisis is the wrong time to find the right resources. Find your allies.

Corporate 108
article thumbnail

Remembering how 9/11 Changed the World – and Communications

wiredPRworks

Twenty years ago, today, we remember how 9/11 changed the world – and communications. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. We needed to find ways to communicate quickly, accurately and effectively. Backpack communications was the most reliable and quick route to homes.

article thumbnail

Back to School! 3 Solo PR Pros on Becoming an Adjunct Instructor

Solo PR Pro

For many solo PR pros, the idea of becoming an adjunct instructor at a local college or university can be appealing. “With more programs moving online, opportunities to teach no longer have to be limited to your local university,” explains Kristie. DePaul University College of Communications, 2011 – 2022.

Education 107
article thumbnail

Maximising resilience of health and well-being assets in crisis situations

PR Conversations

The following is the result of our subsequent shared musings concerning the impact of crisis situations on the health and well-being of public relations practitioners. In an ongoing crisis, operating on adrenaline for a prolonged period of time can be – and is often – physically and mentally harmful.

Crisis 63
article thumbnail

How September 11 Impacted PR and Email Communications

wiredPRworks

In 2012, I wrote an update on a previous post with thoughts on how the September 11 attacks immediately reshaped community, public relations and communications. Here's what I wrote back in 2011 on the tenth anniversary. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. 2011 Update.

article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

He published a paper called PR 2020 on behalf of the CIPR in 2011 that examined the future of PR. Public service media is failing the public Thank you My thanks to the following communities and individuals. The project has brought me into contact with a new community of more than 50 thinkers and doers. It’s a work in progress.