Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Crisis Communications Remove Interviews
article thumbnail

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. But I was curious to see how Maddie and Lindy perceived not just Open Community , but its juxtaposition with public relations.

article thumbnail

4 Corporate Communications Lessons From Hurricane Harvey

PRSay

When my family undertook major renovations on our house in 2014, we began by interviewing several contractors. But few flood victims after Hurricane Harvey had the luxury of interviewing contractors. Similarly, companies can anticipate many of the resources they’ll need if a crisis strikes.

Corporate 108
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Back to School! 3 Solo PR Pros on Becoming an Adjunct Instructor

Solo PR Pro

Courses may be as broad as Principles of PR or PR Campaigns, or as focused as Working with Influencers, Crisis Communications or Nonprofit PR.” I started teaching at UCI in 2011, with a five-week, online course focused on using social media for business development. I've taught at NU since 2011.

Education 107
article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

He published a paper called PR 2020 on behalf of the CIPR in 2011 that examined the future of PR. The PR 2020 project was based on interviews with PR practitioners throughout the UK and the outlook for the forthcoming decade. Public service media is failing the public Thank you My thanks to the following communities and individuals.

article thumbnail

Kpop Lessons: Handling Defamation Through Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

The rumors about Tablo’s supposed forgery were spread by two online communities: “We Urge Tablo to Tell the Truth,&# or TaJinYo , and “A World Where Common Sense is the Truth,&# or SangJinSe. Although I have no experience in crisis communication, I have learned some important lessons in light of Tablo’s scandal.

article thumbnail

Powwowing With Pepco on Social Media

Waxing UnLyrical

Image: Geoff LMV via Flickr , Creative Commons These included sentences like On what Pepco’s crisis communication plan is: “Pepco takes its responsibility to keep customers informed seriously. Our crisis communications plan consist of pre-event, event, and post-event reporting guidelines and information.

article thumbnail

How Big Data Will Modernize Your Crisis Communications Plan

PRSay

Consider the recent crisis that Volkswagen faced. In September, 2015, Volkswagen suffered the wrath of the global community after disclosing that the company’s diesel cars were designed to cheat on tailpipe-emissions tests. Proactive enterprises have planned ahead by creating comprehensive crisis communications plans.