Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Interviews Remove Radio
article thumbnail

How Pioneers in Skirts Ran a Successful Kickstarter Campaign…and Beyond!

Deirdre Breakenridge

That was a real success in the college community. During the campaign our team convinced small bloggers to continue posting articles about the film, social media posts to be shared and engaged with, online radio shows to interview the producers, and backers to tout how proud they were to support the film!

Film 150
article thumbnail

Want Social Media Evangelizers? Be Social

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Want Social Media Evangelizers? Be Social September 7th, 2010 Tweet Today BNET published my second post, focusing on how companies can use social media to turn customers into evangelizers.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Snapping at Synapses: Why Digital Death Sucks

Waxing UnLyrical

Those are the kind of campaigns that raise awareness and build community -- and you nailed the importance of community for nonprofits. Which is why I agree with Matt ($999,999.99 -- classic) and Ariks point about allowing people who have built community and trust to spread the word and bring others to action.

article thumbnail

How Pink Panties Heralded India's Social Media Movement

Waxing UnLyrical

In the Indian context, the web has begun to move beyond a media genre that was no different in terms of interruption when compared to conventional media like television and radio. What did you ship in 2010? As privacy and choice gained momentum, permission-based Internet activity has led to what we now describe as the social web.

article thumbnail

Veterans Day: A Granddaughter Remembers

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Veterans Day: A Granddaughter Remembers November 11th, 2010 Tweet The strong, silent type My grandfather never talked about the war. That’s him as a dashing young officer, right there.

Facebook 105
article thumbnail

Weekly Roundup: The Holly And The Ivy

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Weekly Roundup: The Holly And The Ivy December 12th, 2010 Tweet As I write this, it is grey and damp outside. Christmas music is playing in my house. What’s your favorite holiday song, and why?

Writing 60
article thumbnail

WOM: What's Really Behind The Buzz

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali WOM: What’s Really Behind The Buzz November 24th, 2010 Tweet Guest post by Bryce Keane What’s the buzz? They listen a LOT. Then they plan. And talk they do. – and 14.9%

Travel 79