Remove 2006 Remove Community Remove Pitching Remove Writing
article thumbnail

The #PRStudChat Community Discusses Mysteries of Media Pitching on September 20th

Deirdre Breakenridge

ET for an in-depth discussion on the mysteries of media pitching. You heard us: Media pitching. Content may be king, but if the PESO model has taught us anything, it’s that we need to integrate a number of distribution tactics into the communications mix in order to be consistently successful. The pitch was accepted!

Community 157
article thumbnail

One IPO, One M&A and the Best Media Monitoring Solutions for 2021 [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

Things are definitely picking up though and from where I sit, there’s a renewed sense of optimism across the PR and marketing community. Linkfluence was founded in 2006 has 150 employees in seven offices, with headquarters in Paris. Little did we know we’d be in that place for more than a year. click image for higher resolution).

Media 106
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Philip Nussel, Web Editor at Automotive News

Bianchi Biz Blog

I represent Crain Communications and Automotive News as chairman of the annual Automotive Golf Classic, which has raised millions of dollars over the years for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Southeastern Michigan. This event serves as an excellent way for automakers, suppliers, dealers and others to give back to the community.

article thumbnail

Ethical Issues in Merging the Science and Art of Public Relations: Aaron Kwittken

Ethical Voices

I founded Kwittken in 2006, sold it in 2010 to MDC Partners, which is now Stagwell. Then a couple years ago with Stagwell and Mark Penn, I founded a company called Prophet, which is the first SaaS platform for PR people that uses AI to predict media interest, sentiment and spread before you pitch. I’m not a developer.

Ethics 52
article thumbnail

Oxfam’s Social Media Relations Raise Awareness and Funds

Bad Pitch Blog

Just when you thought we were all Bad, here''s Glinda the Good Pitch. Glinda is a badge of honor bestowed on some of the good pitches we get. Instead the Gold Group helped Oxfam capitalize on a unique donation from actress Keira Knightley—a Vera Wang dress she wore to the 2006 Oscars. BPB: What was your social media angle/pitch?

article thumbnail

Corporate PR Index: Two Cool New Indices Track Corporate Reputations and Risk Exposure to Misinformation [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

As I write this the brand most exposes to misinformation risk include Tesla, JP Morgan, Coca-Cola, McDonald’s and Disney. Lokey grew the company from a single office in San Francisco in 1961 into a worldwide communications leader. It was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in 2006. Meltwater rolls out an online customer community.

article thumbnail

The Making of Cision: A Brief History of 15 M&A Transactions that Consolidated a Sizable Chunk of the PR Technology Market into One Company

Sword and the Script

Oh, sure, there are bits and pieces, but even the Wikipedia entry , at the time of this writing, is woefully incomplete. Vocus had, in years prior, acquired brands including PRWeb for $28 million in 2006, Help a Reporter Out, aka HARO, for an undisclosed sum in 2010 , and iContact, for $169 million in 2012.