Remove 2001 Remove Community Remove Corporate Remove Social Media
article thumbnail

How the APR Changed My Future

PRSay

Working for a national telecommunications firm in Atlanta, I lost a seismic bump up the corporate ladder. I learned that it was because I could not articulate the communications objectives, strategies and tactics that brought the multibillion-dollar firm’s products to life in the eyes of the target audience. A setback at work.

article thumbnail

Survey: Most PR Pros Say that Media Relations is Getting Harder – Here’s What You Can Do About It

Deirdre Breakenridge

This is PR at its finest – relations with a public community. In other words, well-executed content marketing helps you develop an additional platform to communicate with reporters. Ned launched “ Job of the Week ” (JOTW) email newsletter in 2001 as a free resource for PR and communications professionals looking for work.

Survey 377
article thumbnail

Public Relations and COVID-19: Studies Surface Challenges, Changes and Optimism  

Sword and the Script

How will it change PR and communications? Several surveys offer a glimpse into the collective thinking of the public relations community – and that’s the theme for this week’s Unscripted Marketing Links (UML). About: Ragan surveyed 315 PR professionals across organizations including corporations, agencies, non-profits and government.

Study 134
article thumbnail

A Brand Is a Business Risk to be Understood and Managed; Off Script No. 40: Brianna Carroll Boyle

Sword and the Script

So, I thought was interesting to see an experienced marketing and communications leader from the cybersecurity community, categorized the notion of brand under risk. When I got out of school in 2001, for instance, few of my clients cared about mentions in online outlets. Online influencers and bloggers were basically unheard of.

Brand 109
article thumbnail

The Top 10 PR Tech Vendors by Familiarity and Favorability

Sword and the Script

A more detailed view shows some of the other PR technology vendors on the list: 10% said Marketwired ; 9% said Agility PR Solutions ; 6% said iQ Media ; 4% said OnePitch ; 1% said AirPR; [recently rebranded as Onclusive ]. The coverage of PR technology in most trade publications serving the PR community is quite is slim. Arik Hanson].

Survey 72
article thumbnail

Learning From Past Crises to Navigate Post-COVID-19

Reputation Us

As the president of ReputationUs and with 28 years of experience behind me, I have been striving to refine the art of managing corporate reputations during a crisis into a well-honed specialty. Q: What is the best strategy for communication in a crisis? Listening should inform your communication and your messaging in a crisis.

Crisis 78
article thumbnail

New Survey Identifies the Hottest Trends in Corp Comm and PR; Announcing the 2018 JOTW Communications Survey

Sword and the Script

A new survey of primarily corporate communications professionals identified the hottest trends and tactics in PR – and perhaps those that aren’t so hot too. The 2018 JOTW Communications Survey from Frank Strong. At the same time, more than half (54%) said proving value or ROI of communications to the business.

Survey 72