Remove 2014 Remove Community Remove Internal Remove International
article thumbnail

Behind-The-Scenes: The Life of a Summer Intern

Deirdre Breakenridge

With the new school year fast approaching, interns are beginning to reflect on their experiences this summer. As a summer intern at Atlantic Health, I have gained a great deal of knowledge that I believe will be useful to me at college, and ultimately, throughout life. Please join the #PRStudChat community on August 16, at 8:30 P.M.,

Internal 170
article thumbnail

Tips For Being A Kick-@$$ PR Intern

Shift Communications

Competition exists in every industry but don’t fixate on what other interns or candidates are doing. Strive to perform above the status quo and you will always differentiate yourself from the pack – internally and externally. While this may seem a little odd or atypical, in the SHIFT community, it is quite the norm.

Internal 102
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

In Memoriam: Patrick Pollino, APR, Fellow PRSA

PRSay

Pollino chaired the 1998 PRSA International Conference (today known as ICON) in Boston. He also revealed what he loved most about the PR profession: “There’s satisfaction that’s derived from knowing that your actions can make a difference in how the organization you work for is perceived by stakeholders both internally and externally.”

Local 78
article thumbnail

Monday Roundup: International Women’s Day

Waxing UnLyrical

Yesterday was International Women’s Day ( marked for the first time in 1911 , and for the first time on March 8 in 1914… the more you know …). Six marketing lessons for International Women’s Day. International Women’s Day: This Is What It Really Means To Act #LikeAGirl.

article thumbnail

Exploring Best Practices in Global Communications

PRSay

I threw myself into understanding mandarin and Chinese history and reveled in getting to know the community. I was a PRSA member off and on during my time abroad, including serving as an international delegate at large in 2014. We need to find the facts, understand the news and communicate compellingly. We’re diplomats.

article thumbnail

Public Relations Objectives

Doctor Spin

Through consistent and effective communication, PR can sway public opinion in favour of the organisation, enhancing its reputation and standing in the community. In an era where consumers are increasingly sceptical of advertising and corporate speak, PR offers a more authentic and credible way to communicate with the public.

article thumbnail

PRSA Expert Express Talk : PR Expanded ( Global, Disruptive Tech, Big Data )

Deirdre Breakenridge

However, I managed to share three big trends along with three new practices for PR professionals in an Expert Express Talk at the PRSA International Conference in Washington, DC ( #PRSAICON ). Knowing that communication has no borders and boundaries. Understanding diverse environments internally and externally.

Big Data 250