article thumbnail

Spotlight on a Solo PR Pro: Meet Ebony Vaz

Solo PR Pro

Above Promotions has also created website and social media content for big-ticket clients such as AOL, AT&T, Coldstone Creamery and Verizon Wireless. Some need help with marketing, others hope to be thought leaders in their industry and need help writing content. Every day is different, Ebony says, and just depends on the client.

Meeting 52
article thumbnail

2016 – A Year in Traditional Media

Shift Communications

A long time McDonald’s employee who has Down Syndrome was celebrating her retirement, and we wanted to share the good news with her local community – both to show everything people with disabilities can take on, and that McDonald’s supports them. After an aggressive media relations push, we began to pick up traction in the local market.

Print 60
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

My Business Is 20 Years Old! 20 Lessons for Longevity

Solo PR Pro

In 1995, the first entirely computer-animated film, Toy Story , made a splash; OJ Simpson was on trial for murder; Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morissette won Album of the Year at the Grammys; and Crane Communications was born. Get It in Writing. And don’t forget that online communities are often the best support you can find.

article thumbnail

Five Productivity Tools for PR Pros

Waxing UnLyrical

Evernote I still like and use Delicious to bookmark stuff I come across on the Interwebs, but I find myself increasingly using Evernote because of the little notes I can write to myself. It allows wireless syncing of a variety of calendars so I can organize client and personal calendars all in one, or separately. Wanna Subscribe?

Tools 100
article thumbnail

How A Fake Taxidermist Is Keeping AT&T On Its Toes

Waxing UnLyrical

Vest-less Now, I am not, and have not been, an AT&T customer (I’m quite happy with Verizon Wireless). You’ve been using Twitter quite delightfully to poke fun at AT&T’s wireless service. I was just pissed off and decided to write about it. From there the tweets pretty much write themselves.

article thumbnail

Your audience with the public

Stephen Waddington

This is when telecom operators such as BT started to offer broadband to consumer users, and wireless networks appeared in public spaces. The internet is a conversation The internet provides a means for people to connect and communicate with each other, irrespective of location.

article thumbnail

The Essential Guide to Mass Communication: History, Methods, Ethics, and the Future

Masters in Communications

We don't know what they say as they represent a transition between early pictorial writing and the cuneiform that succeeded them (2). That year, Italian electrical engineer Guglielmo Giovanni Maria Marconi invented the "wireless telegraph" (16). It wasn't long before these small pictures were used to form written words.

Ethics 52