article thumbnail

Lockdown letter: brainstorming second order COVID-19 effects

Stephen Waddington

Celebration of Britain - with international travel limited there’s likely to be a rapid resurgence in British art, culture and tourism. The exception may be local and hyper local print that connects directly with communities. This is a shift that was already underway as a result of Brexit.

Tourism 118
article thumbnail

How To Get Your Blog Project Approved

Waxing UnLyrical

When I built a case for creating it, I focused on showing how the site would be a greater asset to our institution than the internal print publication I managed. By switching to a blog we saved printing and distribution costs. But that was the case even with the internal print publication… unearthly, jaw-dropping amounts of it.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Extra Boost of “V”: More Vloggers for your YouTube Cravings

Waxing UnLyrical

Fun Fact Christine vlogged about Kodak’s Print & Prosper calculator, which helps consumers compare printing costs between Kodak printers and their average competitor. Its a show celebrating YouTube and its community, streamed live on the Internet from different locations. Also, have you heard of YouTube Live?

YouTube 54
article thumbnail

Is Pay-to-Post Blogging The New Advertorial?

Waxing UnLyrical

Image: jbcurio via Flickr , Creative Commons For the few who don’t know or recall, an “ advertorial is an advertisement written in the form of an objective article, and presented in a printed publication – usually designed to look like a legitimate and independent news story,” according to Wikipedia. Hope we can discuss this further!

article thumbnail

#16: How the consumer driven news cycle changes PR measurement

NewsWhip

So we talk about circulation of a magazine, let’s say, so the circulation is how many are printed and put into newsagents. In some of the markets, there’s a bigger proportion of more traditional media, where newspaper and print is still pretty predominant. And what we can see now is those numbers are vastly different.

article thumbnail

Ten Reasons PR Pros Should Blog

Waxing UnLyrical

Mark as read Approve comment Can I print this out and frame it? Im building a network and community AND learning new tricks that make me a better professional, makes my time well spent. If I wasnt getting something back, which I am -- great friends, community, knowledge -- itd be harder for me to commit the time and effort.

article thumbnail

Maxim Behar in Kamen Vodenicharov's show "The Evening of." on 7/8 TV

Maxim Behar

Now, 10% of it is in print, the other 90% is on the social media platforms. I printed it with indigo and somehow, it has been associated with the written word ever since. Host: And what do you think the Bulgarian society failed to take from your Jewish community? Host: This community has been centuries in the making.

Hotels 64