article thumbnail

Communicators Discuss Challenges for the Asian American & Pacific Islander Community

PRSay

As a Filipina American and member of the PRSA National Diversity & Inclusion Committee, I appreciated that our first webinar addressed what we, the Asian American & Pacific Islander (AAPI) community, have been dealing with since the COVID-19 outbreak began.

Community 143
article thumbnail

The Importance of the ADA, Internally and Externally

5W PR

The law made it illegal to discriminate against individuals with disabilities in employment, transportation, public accommodations, and other areas of life. In addition to the legal requirements, there are many reasons why a company should prioritize accessibility and inclusion for employees and customers with disabilities.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Breaking Barriers to Prove #BlackTalentsMatter

PRSay

When I graduated, I spent my spare time offering to write press releases and manage social media for community groups in my native Detroit. When I applied for PR jobs, I always ran into barriers like unpaid internships, lack of transportation, not enough experience, not being a culture fit and (eventually) too much job-hopping.

article thumbnail

2023 Detroit Auto Show Offers New Engagement Opportunities for Automotive & Mobility Suppliers

Bianchi Biz Blog

With three months until the show opens, organizers report there are ample opportunities for suppliers of all sizes to engage with customers, automakers, media, analysts, investors and potential employees at one of the industry’s premier events. Technology Days/AutoMobili-D and the Mobility Global Forum are slated for Wednesday, Sept.

article thumbnail

What is PR? 141 PR and Comms Pros Explain What They Do for a Living

Sword and the Script

1) “Make sure that employees, customers and the market understand our company, its services and goals.”. 13) “I write and post content for our customers and our employees to teach them about our company, products and vision.”. 15) “Help employees understand what is going on in the company, and help executives talk to employees.”.

Employee 147
article thumbnail

Diverse Workplaces Generate 19 Percent More Revenue Than Less Diverse Competitors

Tribe Builder Media

Andrea La Mendola, chief of global operations at Hyperloop Transportation, advises starting with the specific group of employees you are working now. This is how La Mendola is able to manage a team of engineers from around the world and is also key to dealing with a multigenerational employee group. Know your audience.

article thumbnail

Diverse Workplaces Generate 19 Percent More Revenue Than Less Diverse Competitors

Tribe Builder Media

Andrea La Mendola, chief of global operations at Hyperloop Transportation, advises starting with the specific group of employees you are working now. This is how La Mendola is able to manage a team of engineers from around the world and is also key to dealing with a multigenerational employee group. Know your audience.