article thumbnail

In praise of the press release

Wadds Inc.

Lee would have no problems recognising the modern version of his original document. In that period we've seen the invention of the television, jet engine, space travel, the internet, and the computer. He lamented its abuse as a means of community engagement with a variety of marketing audiences or publics.

article thumbnail

Talking About the Great Outdoors: Q&A With Acclaimed Storyteller Baratunde Thurston

PRSay

Thurston is a speaker at PRSA’s Travel and Tourism Conference, held June 20-23, at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center in Madison, Wis. I’ve told a lot of stories in many formats throughout my career: cable television, YouTube series, podcasts, books, public speaking, social media live events, standup comedy shows.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Earned Media vs. Media Relations [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

Over time, the digital community warmed to the term again. television networks, including Spanish-language networks and original programs from over-the-top streaming providers, and over 2,500 brands and theatrically released movies.” You can see visually this in the Google Trends chart above ( or see it for yourself online ).

article thumbnail

What should you do when you think you received an unlawful order? Dave Honchul

Ethical Voices

In my enlisted career, I did just about everything a public affairs person could do including media relations, internal information, community relations, the works. It turned out that everything I had, the lawyers classified as working documents. That became my life passion, and I continued growing in that career field.

article thumbnail

What Goes in a Great Media Kit

ReimaginePR

Television shows cut to a new angle on average every 3 seconds or so. This is shot as if done by a television station. It lets a television or video outlet run your answers cutting in their anchor asking the questions. It’s essential in television show launches and, in those cases, usually beautifully designed.

Media 120
article thumbnail

The most important ethics priority for healthcare communicators – Kena Lewis

Ethical Voices

I started in cable television. I did a stint in the nonprofit sector, which I want to say, if you really want to get to know a community, the nonprofit sector is something you should do. I would say document. Always on the corporate side, never on the agency side, but in multiple industries. It’s a prerequisite here.

article thumbnail

Preview of my PRSA Talk, "Hacking Public Relations"

Where the Fishermen Ain't

and “What can we learn from communities who have done so?” I believe that looking to open-source and hacker communities gives us the answer. There are at least five imperatives that drive the need for the public relations community to adopt these important precepts. and “What can we learn from communities who have done so?”