Remove Advertising Remove Community Remove Government Remove Privacy
article thumbnail

Lockdown letter: brainstorming second order COVID-19 effects

Stephen Waddington

Government The digital democracy has been a long time coming - democracy will finally digitise, both in central and local government, and citizen voting. Regional devolution - Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, and many local councils in England have opted for a different response to the Government’s release of lockdown.

Tourism 118
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Molly Boigon, Tech and Innovation Reporter at Automotive News

Bianchi Biz Blog

I’m particularly interested in the new and interesting ways automakers are designing and outfitting the user interface, and some of the potential issues — distraction, data privacy and additional costs for features, among others. Before joining AN, I covered the Haredi (ultra-Orthodox Jewish) communities of New York.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Content Curation’s Last stand?

Flack's Revenge

Free has created a world in which we blithely volunteer our info and ditch privacy to access addictive apps and social platforms; it’s grown in synch with big tech, companies that don’t play by the same rules as the media. But it is not really fair just to blame tech, as who doesn’t like Free?

article thumbnail

The good and the bad: a look back at PR campaigns that launched in January

Prohibition

If the Government were to have been inclined, Brewdog were even offering a free pint to everyone who received the vaccine in one of its premises – not a bad reward for having a vaccine! Brewdog’s CEO James Watt wasn’t just offering the premises and a free beverage but also his staffs time, free off charge, to the Scottish Government.

article thumbnail

Hopes, Dreams and Sage Advice: 40+ Marketing and PR predictions for 2023

Sword and the Script

And, given the vast amount of time I pour into writing about PR technology , I’m really pleased with the long list of contributions from the PR technology vendor community. a) Many community newspapers going away and hopefully still being available in some kind of online format. Strengthening community-building and connections.

Marketing 196
article thumbnail

Mailing Away Your DNA

Mindful Marketing

Autosomal tests appear to be the most popular of the three, as they’re the ones we most often see advertised, with consumer-friendly price points between $49 and $99. Perhaps the biggest nonfinancial cost is the risk of lost privacy. Third, police and government might pressure companies to share their DNA data.

article thumbnail

Controlled Chaos: 86 Comms Pros Explain How Communications Work Has Changed

Sword and the Script

More and more, I see comms positions advertised as comms + (fundraising, design, content development, etc.”. A vast increase in demand and 24/7 availability to address: Actual and perceived crises or emergencies and inquires and requests made by all elected officials and community members.”. Adherence to privacy regulations.”.