Remove 2013 Remove Community Remove Local Remove Media Relations
article thumbnail

The Two Most Effective Media Relations Tactics for 2013

Journalistics

For many of us, it’s what attracted us to media relations in the first place. In this post, I’ll share what I believe to be the two most effective media relations tactics for 2013 (hint: it’s all about inbound and real-time). If you work in media relations today, you have to be always on as well.

article thumbnail

5 Ways to Engage With Word-Of-Mouth

Cision

This post is based on information in our “ Build & Evangelize Your Community With Word-Of-Mouth Marketing.”. Word-of-mouth marketing (WOMM) comprises traditional media relations, engagement with audiences through social, influencer relations and customer evangelist programs. Oreo Cookie (@Oreo) February 4, 2013.

Airlines 120
article thumbnail

The Present & Future Tech Trends PRs Should Prepare For

Cision

In PR and media relations, it’s easy to become entirely focused on the day-to-day issues at the expense of the longer event horizon. For media relations and PR professionals, this means even more attention to not just the text and images but the coding and metadata of online content. Emerged Trends.

Trends 120
article thumbnail

The Results Are In! 2015 Solo PR Pro Compensation Survey Insights Report

Solo PR Pro

The top predictors of hourly rate are total PR experience , local client base (geographic limitation associated with a lower rate), larger typical client size , and Solo PR PRO Premium membership. The majority of respondents see income trending upward (year-to-year, 2013 to 2015). Limitations of local client base.

Survey 40
article thumbnail

8 Questions with Syracuse University’s Sports Legend, Michael Veley

Critical Mention

If an issue of this magnitude occurs, the PR and messaging doesn’t come from the Athletic Department, but rather from the University’s News or Media Relations department. Falk Endowed Professor of Sport Management at Syracuse University’s Falk College in July 2013. First, I never try to play “Monday Morning Quarterback.”

Sports 60
article thumbnail

30 Pragmatic Marketing and PR Predictions for 2020

Sword and the Script

“The early adopters have been educating the market in the last few years about the successes that can be had with integrating own, earned and paid media. Firms that stick to being mere providers of media relations will continue to lose market share.” Christoph Luke | Christoph Luke Media Relations.

Marketing 101
article thumbnail

How to Get On in New Communications: Be Nice

ZudePR

For me, as a local government employee, there are clear political boundaries. “I share to be part of a community. “I launched All Things IC consultancy in 2013 because readers kept asking if I could translate my free articles into work they could pay for. ” #8: Adam Connell (Derby, UK). “How?