Remove 2013 Remove Community Remove Consumer Remove Print
article thumbnail

Can we press release that? 15 stories about the public relations industry (you won’t believe #10)

Stephen Waddington

It’s an overview of industry issues as discussed by my community of practice. I started an online community of practice at the outset of the pandemic. There are some topics that come up time and time again in the community. The New York Times printed the article in full. This is my CommsHero presentation. Good afternoon.

Industry 153
article thumbnail

The Two Most Effective Media Relations Tactics for 2013

Journalistics

It was pure magic the first time I read an article in print that was the result of a story I pitched. In this post, I’ll share what I believe to be the two most effective media relations tactics for 2013 (hint: it’s all about inbound and real-time). Start thinking about the news events that create an opportunity for you to comment.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

The Implications of the Growth of Social News

Cision

This is a guest post by Jeremy Bamidele , a brand strategist, publicist and adjunct professor at Rancho Santiago Community College District. The decline of television as a news source pales in comparison with the decline of print, which has been drastically declining since 2013.

article thumbnail

A call to revisit RSS

Stephen Waddington

A fix for the newsfeed The key difference between an RSS feed and an algorithm driven newsfeed such as Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter, is that you are completely in control of the content that you consume. It’s as close to a traditional print product or newsstand as is possible to find on the web.

Web 68
article thumbnail

Are we still over-relying on media relations?

Communications Conversations

I’m talking about the broader scope of PR here–media relations, content marketing, social media marketing, community relations, etc. But, a number of stats and reports lately (not to mention consumer behavior trends in general) have got me thinking: We may be well past the tipping point. Just give this shocking post a read.

article thumbnail

The Present & Future Tech Trends PRs Should Prepare For

Cision

As of 2013, 3 percent of the U.S. The FCC is investing in providing access to communities that do not have broadband. Click here for your free crisis communication tip sheet! Horizon Trends: 3D printing, everyday use of drones, and strong artificial intelligence. Click here for our free content marketing white paper! .

Trends 120
article thumbnail

20 Insightful PR and Marketing Predictions for 2018

Sword and the Script

Today’s buyers (whether an organization or consumer) are more informed and choosy about who they decide to do business. 13) Data says it’s fit to print. An increase in the data driven arms race and for many to return to analog or print options to cut through the digital noise.”. .’” – Tom Pick | Webbiquity.

Marketing 101