Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Interviews Remove Journalism
article thumbnail

Back to School! 3 Solo PR Pros on Becoming an Adjunct Instructor

Solo PR Pro

I started teaching at UCI in 2011, with a five-week, online course focused on using social media for business development. Courses taught: Principles of Public Relations, Public Relations Writing, Communications Ethics, Media Relations, Campaigns (graduate program). DePaul University College of Communications, 2011 – 2022.

Education 107
article thumbnail

For whom the bell tolls

Stephen Waddington

Lord Chadlington will interview his fellow peer Lord Bell on 7 November in London. In 2011, the Bureau of Investigative Journalism covertly recorded some of the firm’s executives boasting of its UK government connections to journalists posing as agents for the government of Uzbekistan. Lord Bell left the agency in August 2016.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

15 Up-and-Coming PR and Social Media Marketers to Watch

Communications Conversations

I think about people like LeeAnn Rasachak and Sarah Reckard whom I met more than 10 years ago now (they were one of my first PR Rock Star interviews!). I’ve watched them both grow into fabulous communicators and leaders! Bank social media team in 2018 after graduating from the University of Minnesota with a degree in journalism.

article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

He published a paper called PR 2020 on behalf of the CIPR in 2011 that examined the future of PR. The PR 2020 project was based on interviews with PR practitioners throughout the UK and the outlook for the forthcoming decade. Public service media is failing the public Thank you My thanks to the following communities and individuals.

article thumbnail

PR Is As PR Does

Waxing UnLyrical

This is a topic that is near and dear to my heart, though. Liked what you saw? Why not book me for a speaking gig ? These fine folk did: Jan. 24 : Whats Next DC , Washington, DC Feb. These fine folk did: Jan. 24 : Whats Next DC , Washington, DC Feb. It does not reflect the opinions of my clients, former employers, or anyone else.

article thumbnail

Is Pay-to-Post Blogging The New Advertorial?

Waxing UnLyrical

The small community of readers I have built up and learned from would shun me, rightly perhaps. Thanks for sharing the post with your #pr20chat community. And eMarketer recently highlighted a study that said about 75% of the bloggers/tweeters they interviewed were looking to monetize their blogs/tweets. Liked what you saw?

article thumbnail

Weekly Roundup: Time and Space

Waxing UnLyrical

Why God did not create the universe , by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow, from the Wall Street Journal (you may not be able to read this online if you don’t have a subscription). Why: Regardless of whether you believe in a higher power or not, it will should leave you thinking. Reply Rate Up div.livefyre-comment).removeClass(livefyre-hidden)"