Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Journalism Remove Pitching
article thumbnail

Corporate PR Index: Two Cool New Indices Track Corporate Reputations and Risk Exposure to Misinformation [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

In 2010 he signed the Giving Pledge and made numerous contributions to secondary and post-secondary education institutions and others, many of which have programs and facilities named in his honor. Born in Portland, Oregon in 1927, Lokey attended Stanford University, from which he attained a bachelor’s degree in journalism in 1949.

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Vince Bond, Reporter at Automotive News

Bianchi Biz Blog

How long have you been in journalism and how did you get started? What advice do you have for PR people that want to pitch you? Don’t pitch story ideas, pitch sources. It would have to be the PR folks who send mass emails with irrelevant pitches. What elements or characteristics do you look for in a story?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

How Pioneers in Skirts Ran a Successful Kickstarter Campaign…and Beyond!

Deirdre Breakenridge

That was a real success in the college community. She pitched her idea to VRIDEO and convinced them to donate the gear and the work effort to splice the footage together. Additionally, Ashley Maria was awarded the prestigious Directors Guild of America award for her film, FridayNight Fright™ in 2010.

Film 150
article thumbnail

The Old “New Media” and Marketing Tools with Novel Twists [UML]

Sword and the Script

However, other traditionally print new organizations – notably the Wall Street Journal and USA Today – got into the podcast game far earlier. Research for PR Pros on B2B Messaging, Pitches and Clickbait [UML] . NZ, Passing Time 2010 ( Public Domain ) . See these related posts: What is Agile Marketing Again? Talk to Us!

Tools 60
article thumbnail

Ten Reasons PR Pros Should Blog

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Ten Reasons PR Pros Should Blog November 10th, 2010 Tweet Last week, Joe Hackman hosted Danny Brown , Gini Dietrich and me on his BlogTalkRadio show, aptly entitled PRapalooza. Boy, was it fun!

article thumbnail

Let Your Freak Flag Fly

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Let Your Freak Flag Fly October 6th, 2010 Tweet This is a guest post by Narciso Tovar This past week, I gave a presentation to the Dallas IREM group about the importance of giving social media a second look.

article thumbnail

15 Reasons Your PR Pitches Suck

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali 15 Reasons Your PR Pitches Suck January 27th, 2011 Tweet In the genes? I can’t tell you how many pitches I received that were so bloviated, they would have made Alec Baldwin jealous. Since nos.

Pitching 111