Remove 2009 Remove Community Remove Creativity Remove Local
article thumbnail

Startup PR Myths Busted, via NY Tech Meetup

Flack's Revenge

The NY Tech Meetup mail list is a great way to keep up with the local tech community and make connections. The answer could be the subject of another post; but heck, while we’re at it, here are three ( From Madmen to PR’s Holy Grail ; PR 2009 – The Color of Brand ; and Fighting PR’s Public Relations Problem ).

Agency 159
article thumbnail

How Google Instant Might Impact Your Small Non-Profit

Waxing UnLyrical

Image: Greig Christie via Flickr, Creative Commons Since Google Instant’s launch just over a month ago, digital marketers have been scrambling to figure out how search engine marketing strategies might need to change. While I have great respect for these two organizations, they are not local to my search. Read All About It!

Google 101
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Powwowing With Pepco on Social Media

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Powwowing With Pepco on Social Media September 28th, 2010 Tweet I haven’t been the biggest fan of my local energy company, Pepco, recently. That, I understand. Read All About It!

article thumbnail

When The Media Plays Scrooge

Waxing UnLyrical

It seems some of our local media can’t even do that. Image: Peter Lee via Flickr, Creative Commons Thanks so much for stopping by WUL! It’s almost as if they’re waiting, just waiting for something to go wrong. So that they can shake their fingers and exclaim triumphantly, “See? We told you so!&# Bah, humbug.

Media 89
article thumbnail

Talking The Social Media Walk

Waxing UnLyrical

Image: Lars Plougmann via Flickr, Creative Commons Really, if you just read through the comments, there’s your follow-up blog post… but since I promised you one, you’re getting one. Image: Aftab Uzzaman via Flickr, Creative Commons It’s why I wrote about networking with a twist a while back.

article thumbnail

Maxim Behar: Better put yourself in others’ shoes and then judge

Maxim Behar

In recent years, with the advent of social media, fast communications, greater transparency, and openness, I believe that the definition of the public relations business is this: to tell the truth so that people understand you. The two most common questions local businessmen asked me were: what is business ethics, and what is corruption?

Ethics 69
article thumbnail

Online Videos 101: Keep It Simple, Stupid

Waxing UnLyrical

Instead of taking 7 hours, it took 3 hours to shoot because we had remembered every locale and shot. Aim high in creativity, but keep in mind the limitations of your tools and skills throughout the process. And of course, it worked. Does our video have the makings of a viral video? Keep it as simple as possible. Read All About It!

Video 87