Remove 2008 Remove Community Remove Leadership Remove Local
article thumbnail

Reflexivity Memo on PR practice from craft skills to education. A case of ‘plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose’.

PR Conversations

Then, please return to read this Reflexivity Memo inspired by Jim’s answers to the questions that I posed in 2008: Q9. Craft skills in 2008 – such as writing or editing – were an entry point for many, expected by employers, and readily supplied by educational institutions. Image: Photo by Lea L on Unsplash

article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Kim Spear

Cision

Kim Spear, director at Newgate Communications, has helped her clients build brands in China and also worked with sponsors during the 2008 Beijing Olympics. What was it like to work with sponsors during the 2008 Beijing Olympics? What did you learn from that experience? How has PR changed over the years?

Local 120
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Can Financial Services Organizations Use Social Media?

wiredPRworks

Visuals matter Make it emotional Connect with values like ESG Build communities around groups like women entrepreneurs Differentiating between financial services firms and financial services influencers Why volunteering is essential. An early social media advocate, Barbara founded Social Media Club Chicago in 2008.

article thumbnail

The sunsetting of one of Minnesota’s most successful all-time blogs–the MN PR Blog

Communications Conversations

So, I thought it was worth commemorating since the MN PR Blog has been an instrumental part of the local PR community for 15+ years. I mean, I started this blog in 2008 and I got sideways looks. ” Joel Swanson, vice president-marketing & communications, Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union. And, he was prolific.

article thumbnail

The Extra Mile PR Strategy: Wow Your Customers

Doctor Spin

Offer pro bono services to a non-profit organisation in your community. Partner with a local influencer to promote your business on social media. Host a community cleanup event or volunteer day with employees and customers. Please support my blog by sharing it with other PR- and communication professionals.

article thumbnail

How to Get On in New Communications: Be Nice

ZudePR

Deirdre is CEO at Pure Performance Communications and the author of five Financial Times books. . “When I first started blogging in 2008, it was to document my own journey through a changing media landscape, knowing PR needed a new approach. For me, as a local government employee, there are clear political boundaries.