article thumbnail

The Evolution of Variety Stores in the Age of Online Retailers

5W PR

In the rapidly evolving landscape of retail, variety stores have faced significant challenges due to the rise of e-commerce giants like Amazon. These traditional brick-and-mortar retailers, known for their wide product selection and affordable prices, have had to adapt to changing consumer preferences and shopping behaviors.

Retail 78
article thumbnail

Community for Career Development: A Look Inside One NAVUG Community Member’s Journey

Presspage

I’m a member of NAVUG , an online community that is the epitome of Margaret Mead's statement. If you will humor me and enjoy the story I am about to share, you too can build a thriving and successful online community in your sphere of influence. Online communities and learning were unleashed to the masses.

Community 115
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Brands Bring Substance To COVID-19 Response

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Most have learned from early mistakes or half-measures and have designed campaigns that make a positive impact for employees, customers, and communities. But I couldn’t help but think – for the price of the video ads and promotion, why not simply offer extra pay to those on the front retail lines? It’s not about the logo.

Brand 284
article thumbnail

Lockdown letter: brainstorming second order COVID-19 effects

Stephen Waddington

Our local fish and chip shop reopened on Wednesday. Government The digital democracy has been a long time coming - democracy will finally digitise, both in central and local government, and citizen voting. We need local, decentralised responses to arts, culture, education and transport. Photo by sfe-co2/iStock / Getty Images.

Tourism 118
article thumbnail

Homegrown: 5 Local Marketing Tactics for Small Businesses

Beyond PR

Thanks to a trifecta of trends, local marketing strategies offer today’s entrepreneur more opportunities than ever. If you are looking to draw in more customers and establish loyalty for generations to come, your local marketing efforts must be prioritized. Optimize your local search listings. Host a contest.

article thumbnail

Apple’s iPhone gets an Olivia Rodrigo-inspired close-up in September’s top brand coverage

NewsWhip

But in September it was Shaq’s relationship with big retailers that brought the headlines, both in earned and social media. First in earned coverage, multiple outlets reported on the star unexpectedly buying a $1,200 phone for a stranger at a local Best Buy in Lafayette, Louisiana.

Reddit 78
article thumbnail

Best Practices in Global Comms: A Conversation With PRCAI CEO Deeptie Sethi

PRSay

She is developing and shaping the agenda for the PR community in India and helping the association support and raise industry standards. The value of PR and communications in India has a new dimension, especially post COVID-19. How much flexibility do local teams have? Hale Global Communications founder Trevor C.

Local 109