article thumbnail

Pitch the Media

PR for Anyone

You’ve been ready my posts for years, watching the YouTube videos, and you’re ready to pitch. But the big question I get all the time is, “do I pitch the same story to all the different media outlets at the same time?” He read that entire pitch AND booked her for a segment. ” The answer is no.

Pitching 223
article thumbnail

Pitches That Placed: How to Pitch Sources to Black Enterprise

OnePitch

On this week’s Pitches That Placed, we’re highlighting a pitch that landed coverage, and a video interview , in Black Enterprise for its introduction to a valuable source. Let’s see why this pitch worked: Let’s take a look at the actual pitch that placed: . Looking to pitch stories around diversity and inclusion?

article thumbnail

Pitches That Placed: How to Pitch Founders to Forbes

OnePitch

On this week’s Pitches That Placed, we’re highlighting a pitch that introduced a founder and landed an interview and coverage in Forbes. Let’s see why this pitch worked: Let’s take a look at the actual pitch that placed: . Here is a link to his recent interview on the ABC show Let’s Talk Live: [link].

article thumbnail

Public Relations Strategy to Pitch the Media Today

PR for Anyone

Are you looking for strategies to pitch the media today? If you need a quick refresher on Newsjacking, here’s an interview I did with David Meerman Scott who coined the phrase: How do I know about new laws in my state? If you are an insurance agent, this is a great time to pitch a story about this. Happy New Year!

Pitching 130
article thumbnail

3 PR Tips For Better B2B Media Placement

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

A B2B PR firm looking to promote a specific idea or story might think first about pitching large, mainstream media outlets. By understanding what compels an outlet’s audience to keep returning for new stories, we can better shape a pitch to hook a writer’s attention. But not every story is national news. Go narrow, but go deep.

B2B 366
article thumbnail

The power imbalance in the public relations pitch process

Stephen Waddington

Public relations agencies are expected to pitch for free, follow ambiguous processes, and contracts are frequently awarded on the basis of intangible metrics such as chemistry and creativity. The issue was recently highlighted by the Public Relations and Communications Association (PRCA) which suggested that the issue had got out of hand.

Pitching 117
article thumbnail

PR Advantages of Pitching Trade Press

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

While pitching the national publications should definitely be a part of the overall PR plan, no B2B tech campaign can afford to ignore the opportunities that trade media afford. Trade pubs are a community network. Digital and print trades in a given sector are tantamount to a virtual business community. How trade coverage wins.

Pitching 168