article thumbnail

How to Build a Stronger Business Through Community Engagement and Event Marketing

Burrelles Fresh Ideas

One of the ways to achieve this is by harnessing the power of in-person community engagement and event marketing. Establishing community-engagement goals When businesses embrace a community focus , they can gain a variety of benefits. Nevertheless, effective community engagement won’t take the same shape for every company.

article thumbnail

Community for Career Development: A Look Inside One NAVUG Community Member’s Journey

Presspage

I’m a member of NAVUG , an online community that is the epitome of Margaret Mead's statement. If you will humor me and enjoy the story I am about to share, you too can build a thriving and successful online community in your sphere of influence. Online communities and learning were unleashed to the masses.

Community 115
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

What’s next for WaddsCon: May report and future events

Stephen Waddington

The May edition of WaddsCon covered a range of topics from the COVID-19 impact on client/agency relations to the impact on print, and from measurement frameworks to professionalism in public relations. Asif Choudry, director, We Are Resource talked about how his printing-led business had seen a boom in packages sent by employers to employees.

Report 203
article thumbnail

How the Canadian Newspaper Industry Can Adapt to Changes

Business Wire

Perhaps none have been affected more than print newspapers. Across Canada, newspapers ranging from local dailies to national media are dealing with organizational restructuring, as they layoff long-tenured journalists and make changes to employee contracts and benefits.

article thumbnail

What is PR? 141 PR and Comms Pros Explain What They Do for a Living

Sword and the Script

I culled through the answers pulling out as many as possible that were fit for print and listed them below. 1) “Make sure that employees, customers and the market understand our company, its services and goals.”. 13) “I write and post content for our customers and our employees to teach them about our company, products and vision.”.

Employee 149
article thumbnail

What’s the One Thing?

Cision

When employees at one of the companies went on strike over the summer, customers and vendors joined them. The employees wanted him back and weren’t going to work until he was. The story became one of helping employees and reinstating an employer known for taking care of his workers and customers. It’s a matter of the message.

Employee 120
article thumbnail

When A Small Business Has A Big (PR) Advantage

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Even a tiny company can challenge competitors for customers, employee talent, and visibility. They’re part of the community. This can depend on industry sector and geography, but most smaller companies are deeply involved in their local community as well as the relevant industry organizations. Everyone likes an underdog.