Remove Communications Remove Community Remove Exercises Remove Writing
article thumbnail

ICON 2023 Preview: Award-Winning Journalist Michele Norris on Discussing Race and Creating Community

PRSay

Michele Norris, an award-winning journalist, emboldens audiences through candid discussions about race, culture and communication in America. Norris talked with PRsay about the challenges of discussing race, the power of brevity and the key to building community. The Saver Rate ends on Sept. Ahead of her Oct.

Community 171
article thumbnail

Decoding Mental Health Challenges: A Deep Dive with Dr. Gail Saltz

PR for Anyone

Saltz recommends activities like aerobic exercise, paced deep breathing, and progressive muscle relaxation to alleviate anxiety and promote relaxation. Christina has found that regular exercise and the use of a weighted blanket have been instrumental in managing her own anxiety.

Exercises 130
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

5 Professional Development Exercises Your Marketing Team Should Try

PR 20/20

Exercising your mind, especially in the workplace, is a great way to improve key traits and characteristics needed to fuel a successful career. One way the PR 20/20 team exercises the mind is by conducting monthly morning meetings to focus on a variety of professional development activities. Condense Writing. Combine sentences.

article thumbnail

Moving the Diversity Needle Forward in the Classroom

PRSay

At Temple, not only are DE&I in PR writing, news writing, and diversity and public relations classes required, they are also generating buzz. As a part of her course, McFarland engages students through the Privilege Bead Exercise. Sheena McFarland. Each bead represents a point of privilege. Photo credit: rawpixel ].

Exercises 172
article thumbnail

Discovering the Roadmap in Teaching Social Media

Deirdre Breakenridge

In 2011, I was hired at the University of Louisville as an assistant professor in strategic communications and one of the main tasks I was asked to do was to create a new social media class to offer not only to our students in our department but for the university as well. How did I get started teaching social media?

article thumbnail

The To-Do List for Every New Corporate Communications Manager

Prakkypedia

So you’ve just landed a new corporate communications role. And naturally, I’ve been focused on all the things a good corporate communications manager should have in place. My five things to address in your first week as a Corporate Communications Manager: 1. Is there an existing communications strategy? Congratulations!

Corporate 107
article thumbnail

What the Uvalde Shootings and Other Crises Reveal about Press Conferences

PRSay

In the immediate aftermath of an accident or tragedy, communicators might be tempted to immediately provide an accounting or explanation of what has happened. Despite very public and memorable examples, communicators seem to learn this lesson the hard way. Learning from the past.