Remove Books Remove Community Remove Interviews Remove Local
article thumbnail

Navigating Media At High-Profile Events

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Here are some tips to both landing media interviews and making sure they’re successful. If you’re tackling an industry event without a full PR team facilitating outreach, pitching and planning for press interviews can be daunting. Prepare a Briefing Book. Consider The Impact on Local Communities.

Media 294
article thumbnail

Booking a PR tool to ride

Stephen Waddington

It’s how we won over the local market. Thanks to our genuine communication efforts the local PR industry became fond of our brand. Social sells: Prowly Magazine community From the outset we felt as if every conversation with a prospect was like a recruitment interview rather than a discussion about a tool.

Tools 112
article thumbnail

4 Things We Can Learn from PR Practitioners in Africa

Cision

I recently spent a year interviewing senior public relations professionals in 31 countries about best practices in their cultures for my newly-published book, Pitch, Tweet, or Engage on the Street: How to Practice Global Public Relations and Strategic Communication. Make friends with local influencers.

Local 216
article thumbnail

Five Quick and Easy Ways to Show #PR Thanks

Deirdre Breakenridge

I remember sitting with a college student at a local Starbucks. She was asking me about different careers in PR … what type of PR would suit her best and whether she should pursue agency or in-house communications work. Book Reviews / Journal Research. I use my blog, PR Expanded , for video book reviews.

Skype 150
article thumbnail

World Economic Forum Recap: 7 Experts Showcase a Brighter Future

Stern + Associates

When we think about robotics, how do we give people in their own communities the choice to figure out what the values are of their robotic systems, what it should do, what it should not do? What decisions should we be making for the betterment of our local communities, but globally overall? Guess what? We can give people agency.

article thumbnail

Dear College Graduates: Creating a Personal Brand Starts Now

PRSay

Will they move back in with their parents and work at a small local business until the job market opens back up? But give yourself a leg up: Soak up all the articles and books you can find that will make you a better student and a better global citizen. Will they find internships? Will they continue with graduate studies?

Brand 195
article thumbnail

8 “curiosity conversations” I’d love to have in 2021

Communications Conversations

My friend and local PR legend, Rose McKinney gifted me a wonderful book by Hollywood producer, Brian Grazer. The book was all about how he has used curiosity as his superpower to interview and chat with people like Princess Diana, LeBron James and many other folks he never dreamed he’d have the opportunity to chat with.